VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently completed a vr6 swap in an a2. Installed new sachs clutch and a Velocity lightned flywheel. Problem is the pedal only comes off the floor about 1 inch before it engages. Bled and powerbled system many times with no luck.Replaced master and slave cylinder,stll not any better. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: vr6 swap clutch probs (6dub)

maybe the master cylinder isnt mounted in the right spot (too far back from the firewall, into engine bay) and you cant get full push on the pedal? what pedals are you using? did you use the VR6 brake booster/clutch master bracket? or mount it directly to the firewall?
DAN

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Re: vr6 swap clutch probs (6dub)

There is a lousy plastic "v" shaped piece off the end of the clutch master, this pushes into the pedal and can pop out. I've had mine give me fits when I was installing the pedal assembly. This info is for the later models as early clutch master cylinders were secured by a clevis pin.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: vr6 swap clutch probs (Eric D)

The cluster is out of a corrado with the clevis type hookup.I also used the mastercylinder bracket that holds the brake booster and clutch master so I dont think the probs there. Could there be a problem with the cutdown flywheel or pressure plate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts