VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you use to hold up the tail end
of the front transfer-center diff. thing.
you know the part that bolts to the bell
housing in the back, and has the prop shaft
and right side front axle on it. i have looked at all the part #'s
for the rallye and the 2.9 syncro and it apears that they say
that they are the same #'s. I pretty sure i could get the hanging
bracket to work, but the one by the right side axle just ain't going
to work from the rallye. So basically can anyone help me out with the factory part,or parts.
Thanks in advance.
Scott

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: VR6 syncro guys, what did you use.... (R411YE DUDE)

That bit is pretty tricky....
I modified the standard Rallye Item to pick up on the spare fixings on the back of the block.
I might have a picture tucked away somewhere, will have a look for you.
Try and use the Stock Rallye Item as your base material as this is quite thick (rigid) and works out well due to the fact it picks up on the fixings around the transfere box.
By the way there are about 3 or 4 variants of the transfere box itself, they all i think pick up on the same fixing to the bellhousing though the Rallye item needs a tiny amount of material to be taken off of the vr6 block near to the sump in order to make it fit happily.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Re: VR6 syncro guys, what did you use.... (R411YE DUDE)

I bought parts
02C 409 907 - the upper tie bracket
and
02C 409 905 - the big plate that bolts to the back of the VR6 bloack and the transfer box.
Check out http://catalog.exist.ru and go look for the 1996 VR6 syncro, front axle differential, transmission securing parts, it's all there.
Or you could just wait until the parts arrive and I'll draw them and send you a drawing so you can make your own? (easy) mail me if you'd like me to do this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts