VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im not getting any help on the technical area of this sight so this might work i have a 1990 vw corrado that the guy before me did an obd2 swap for a 1997 jetta vr6 engine after buying the car and racing it all the time the engine blew up after finding a new engine from a 1993 vw corrado slc model i got it in and running i only have one problem i have a cel that is related to my sai since i got rid of it i now need to figure out how to get around that i bought the race file from c2motosports and the chip only worked for 10 seconds then no more i sent the chip back and now am waiting for another is there another way i can get around this problem

·
Banned
16,878 Posts
Re: vr6 trouble (redrocket18)

SAI is OBD2 only - right? That would lead me to believe that when the OBD2 swap was done, an OBD2 ECU was put in place which is expecting to see the SAI system on your current OBD1 motor.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Re: vr6 trouble (Benkennedy11)

Can anyone pass a Tylenol?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
ok, im not getting any help on the technical area of this sight, so this might work.
i have a 1990 vw corrado that the guy before me did an obd2 swap for a 1997 jetta vr6 engine. after buying the car and racing it all the time, the engine blew up. after finding a new engine from a 1993 vw corrado slc model, i got it in and running. i only have one problem: i have a cel that is related to my sai since i got rid of it. i now need to figure out how to get around that. i bought the race file from c2motosports and the chip only worked for 10 seconds, then no more. i sent the chip back, and now i am waiting for another. is there another way i can get around this problem?
sorta fixed

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (VW...vw...wv...WV)

I'm not on here to learn grammer i need help with my car not my sentences.

Modified by redrocket18 at 1:10 PM 4-15-2010

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
nor is the place to learn it from....lol
I'm not on here to learn grammAr, i need help with my car, not mY sentences.
chill out, im sure someone here, or in other subforum will find a way around your problem.
good luck!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: (VW...vw...wv...WV)

lol sorry man i am just so stressed out i have spent over 1200$ in the last month to fix all these problems on my car and now i just spent another 220$ on a cooling kit

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Re: vr6 trouble (redrocket18)

...so the only problem is that the light is on? if the car doesnt drive any differently or bucks at part throttle/ full throttle then there is nothing to worry about... if it bothers you that much, then just take a peice of electrical tape and put it over the cel light until the chip comes in... i have the c2 chip as well and it does work... but cell is still on... only becasue of the speed sensor

·
Registered
9,315 Posts
Re: (redrocket18)

Quote, originally posted by redrocket18 »

Try the 12V VR6 tech forum or the Corrado forum. They both have lots of traffic. You are not likely to find much detailed technical help here.

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
FV-QR

Don't just post a thread in those forums, search. There's 10+ years of collected knowledge on this site, and though it can be a challenge to find it, chances are you can find a solution in an old thread.

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
FV-QR

I beg to differ.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
FV-QR

We all know you aren't here to learn grammEr, but you, assumingly, have already graduated high school, which very well should have taught you how to do it. So, you should utilize those skills here as it will more than likely gain you a bit more respect, which will also cause people to offer more of a lending hand.
As far as the issue at hand(and this is purely based off what I was able to decipher from that nonsensical blabber of yours I read), does it have a proper matched ECU? Does the car run right? If so, get some electrical tape and cover up the CEL light and drive.
What all is in this $220 cooling kit anyway? I am intrigued.

Modified by Strictly Gravy at 3:31 PM 4-15-2010

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Re: (jetta2.8)

Quote, originally posted by jetta2.8 »

That's my guess

Then he will have an egr fault. Some people use a resistor to plug into the sai soleniod pigtail to fool the ecu into thinking it is there. Search "SAI Delete"

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Re: (CannuckCorradoVR6T)

Quote, originally posted by CannuckCorradoVR6T »

Then he will have an egr fault. Some people use a resistor to plug into the sai soleniod pigtail to fool the ecu into thinking it is there. Search "SAI Delete"

^^ This

1 - 19 of 19 Posts