VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: VR6 Turbo.... Mmmmm..... (Boost112)

Yea, I don't know why someone would put that kinda work into a car just to sell it for a small percentage of what he put in to it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: VR6 Turbo.... Mmmmm..... (T0oDamnFast)

Quote, originally posted by T0oDamnFast »
3rd time this has been posted this week

ahh man I thought I was special

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Re: VR6 Turbo.... Mmmmm..... (T0oDamnFast)

damn...why would anyone want to sell that??? just doesn't make sense. that's mad loot put into that car

·
Registered
32,664 Posts
Re: VR6 Turbo.... Mmmmm..... (2003GLI-NJR)

he enter'd top dawg @ H20 international this year... i remember his window being busted in overnight at the hotel, he was telling people about it. cars like his, mine, or anyone that dumps money into their ride will get more attention than we want sometimes. i always thought i would love the attention, the more i get involved with the scene, the less i want it, he prolly feels the same way, that could be why his car's for sale

·
25,219 Posts
Re: VR6 Turbo.... Mmmmm..... (jkrewdotcom2)

Quote, originally posted by jkrewdotcom2 »
why does he have a schrick and what looks like a MK3 VR6? The MK4's don't need schricks.
Kind of odd.

Becuase the MkIII vr's are drive by cable, and therefore are much easier to do engine management on with a turbo (especially if doing standalone). As for the schrick, since he is running the MKIII head (could be the whole engine, could have already been built and dropped in, this does happen, people keep their built engines and just drop them in new bodies), it is beneficial to the torque curve.

·
Banned
1,107 Posts
Re: VR6 Turbo.... Mmmmm..... (rs4-380)

I didn't even know that the motor mounts were the same for the MK3/4's. How would he even fit the tranny in as well as that would totally not fit.
Odd.

·
25,219 Posts
Re: VR6 Turbo.... Mmmmm..... (jkrewdotcom2)

Quote, originally posted by jkrewdotcom2 »
I didn't even know that the motor mounts were the same for the MK3/4's. How would he even fit the tranny in as well as that would totally not fit.
Odd.

First off, most likely it is just the head or the manifold, which just bolt right on. If it is not the head, and is a mkIII longblock, it bolts right to the MKIV VR tranny.
In case you haven't noticed VW's are pretty modular. It is what makes it pretty damn easy to put a 1.8t in a MKII, bolts right up. Or a 24v in a Corrado, bolts right up. G60 in a MKI, 16v in a mKI, even 1.8t or VR in a mki,those takes a little more work, but that is mainly due to the fact that the chassis is really not up to that much power. \
Also, the beauty of most VW's is that if the engine will nto bolt right to the tranny, in most cases you can just drop the new tranny in with the engine.

Modified by rs4-380 at 5:46 PM 2-13-2004

1 - 15 of 15 Posts