VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interior Rattle and Noises

I bought my GLX Jetta Wagon in July and I'm up for the 10,000 mile oil change already. I want the stealer to address a few problems while the car is in the garage. I know from experience that when the stealer takes moulding apart to "fix" interior problems, not all of the parts (ie. clips, screws, plastic brackets, etc.) make it back into the car. Thus while they may eliminate todays rattle, in a year (when the warranty is gone) I'll have two more b/c of missing parts. So, before I ask the stealer to screw up my car even more, I want to see if anybody has any experience with these problems:
1. Rattle behind glove box. Is there a common glove box rattle that people have been able to fix themselves?
2. Hissing - When the car is idling or traveling down the road there is a hissing that eminates from the vicinity of the passenger side footwell. It sounds to me either like a bad bearing in some kind of small motor (ex. cabin air circulation fan?) or refrigerant passing through a restriction in the piping or leeking out of the system (although the AC seems to work fine). I don't know what conditions cause this sound because it seems to be there all of the time. Any body else experience this?
Thanks for any advice!

[Modified by VR6wegone, 8:45 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
834 Posts
Re: Interior Rattle and Noises (VR6wegone)

1. The glove box can be easily adjusted and tightened by the dealer
2. The hissing in the Pass side foot well is the secondary coolant pump running....you will also hear it when you turn the car off...its normal
Peace

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.