VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to squeeze alot in the title
After putting the 6puck in the Jetta, she started right up and drove great. The next day went to start it, it started but slowly started dieing, kept giving it more and more gas to try to keep it alive but it finally turned off. From there on out it just turns over. It is getting fuel, it has spark, and it has compression. Here are the VAG-COM results, I cleared them and they havent come back since(currently no errors found..).
16518 - 02S B1 S1: No Activity
35-10 - - - Intermittent
00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30
07-10 - Signal To Low - Itermittent
17988 - Throttle Actuator (B1) Malfunction
35-10 - -
We ran into this problem before but it disappeared just like it came.
Anyone else run into a problem like this?
Thanks.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (PhOO)

What he said...check the continuity of the wires from the TB as far as you can. This is exactly what happened when I forgot to plug the TB back in after working on the car.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (FatSean)

I'm having some crazy problem like that myself. I'm going to check the my throttle body now too. From what I just learned, but I was trying to hook up a A/F gauge, and tapped into the signal wire for the O2 sensor, I guess if you break that signal connection, you start getting problems too, so check that out.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (FatSean)

Thanks for the replies, yes my throttle body is plugged in, Ill check the wires tonight. And I will aslo try disconnecting my Air/Fuel gauge, to see if that helps anything.
Thanks again, and keep 'em coming

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (German Muscle)

Well the throttle body wires are fine as far as I can see them, an interesting thing with the 02 sensor, the singal wire was disconnected at the tee point for the A/F gauge. So, I connected it back up and it still does the same thing.......turn turn turn turn... boo to that. Please help I am giving it one more day before I set it on fire.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (German Muscle)

your TB could have taken a poop.. ive heard of this happening before.. see if you swap TB's with a friend and see if your car will start with theirs

·
Registered
30 Posts

this is currently happening to me in my 00 jetta glx vr6, when i first baught it from a friend i let my ex g/f drive it and while she was driving it around 20 mph it just shut off. I thought it had something to do with the oil because the douch that owned the car before me hasn't had an oil change in 6,000 miles, so i right then changed the oil, and thought it fixed it, but then 2 days later my car wouldn't start up... After about 5 times turning it over it finally caught on but was high revving, i took it into the shop and said it was my fuel sensor, it's telling the computer to nt put as much fuel into the engine or something like that. but anyway warranty is covering it on Wednesday, so i'm stoked to not have the problem ever happen again

·
Registered
219 Posts

I had this similar issue but it was a chip seating..? issue.
I totally freaked when the led read STOP in big red letters. and heard that aweful a2 oil pressure buzzer. Resotered all good.
good luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (2002GTIVR6)

I am having the same problem. It start fine in the morning. Last night it started fine, then it seems when it got warm it sputtered and died. I had to get towed home
. The only thing I could think of is that when I was replacing the valve cover gasket on my baby 2 weeks ago. I broke the vacum line from the top right (as you are facing the engine). I replaced it with a hose from a winshield washer kit (don't laugh). It was all that the AutoParts store had. But, after trimming, it fit perfect. I checked all the plugs to the TB and everything is connected. The only other thing I did was go to the Bosch 4 pronged platinum plugs. But I have not replaced the rotor and cap. That is this weekend. Now IT seems that it only happens when it gets warm. I think I will get that hose from the stealer today and see what happens.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (sdluce1)

Well, paid $10 for the woven cotton VAC line. NO JOY!!! She still stalls after it gets a little warm. Plus it has been very hot here in DC. Are VR6s prone to vapor lock? Cause that is what it seems like.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (sdluce1)

I had a similar problem, but it was intermittent. Turned out my Throttle Body was sending crazy signals to the ECU and when it got hot the car would just die. Check the throttle body with a VAG-COM. My car never logged a code, but when I checked the TB values I saw 'error'

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Well i think its cured(or it went away again), got a new engine speed sensor and throttle body, after trying to start it for 30sec, then trying to pop start it(then repeating those 2 things 3 times) it finally started so we ran it up and down the street with an open cat draging on the ground(the sparks from the cat dragging were igniting the exhaust gases! big flames
), and now itll start up normally again(with a little bit of gas
). Now on to other things, keep on getting a MAF code so I might replace that. And she is acting kinda crazy when boost hits(crazy tach, and maybe a chip/fuel issue), and has a bit of a bouncey idle. So it looks like ill gonna be workin' on those now
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

its one of your fuel pumps, this happened to me in my 97......$423 covered by warranty

edit: oops, good work http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by GranTouring InjectedVR6, 6:49 PM 8-14-2002]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

Thats friggin hilarious. Iwas busting a gut trying to imagine that site. I bet the neighbours love you
all those flameas and racket
Maybe you could give the MAF sensor an alcohol bath. But dont use beer.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: VR6 wont start, just cranks(has spark, fuel, & comp.) VAG-COM results inside... (aburchell44)

quote:[HR][/HR]Thats friggin hilarious. Iwas busting a gut trying to imagine that site. I bet the neighbours love you
all those flameas and racket
Maybe you could give the MAF sensor an alcohol bath. But dont use beer.
[HR][/HR]​
One of the neighbors that was outside started yelling "stop your car is on fire!!" We just stopped and said that it was ok, she seemed a bit confused..
Well I am going to clean the MAF, maybe replace it, since the jetta decided that it wasnt cured this mourning
Oh well, fudge it

·
Registered
37,610 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
One of the neighbors that was outside started yelling "stop your car is on fire!!" We just stopped and said that it was ok, she seemed a bit confused..[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Nice, I think we have the same neighbors.. always confused

1 - 20 of 22 Posts