VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24,970 Posts
Re: vr6T guys help! (bretter)

sounds like the chip was calibrated for more boost. You have to understand that alot of motronic tuners target a specific boost rate in the fuel maps and lamdba correction maps.
So with that in mind, if you're not running the exact setup as the car the chip was made for you are gonna have issues.

· Registered
2,026 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bretter »
ok. vr6t w/ 475cc injectors, atp 475cc chip<
, 4" od maf housing,
3.0 bar fpr, walbro 392 intank fuel pump. car runs super rich once in boost...
~10.0:1's all way to redline. running 12 psi boost w/ copper hg and arp headstuds . would a 2.0 bar fpr help? or will dropping the base pressure going to do anything? is remapping the chip the only solution?

Modified by bretter at 3:34 PM 7-12-2003

Yup, that setup is gonna run rich... theres 1 solution, turn the boost up to 18-19psi...
I know guys who had a similar setp... at 19psi they were running 11:1 a/f ... it's a good setup for 21-22psi

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Re: vr6T guys help! (vr6turbin)

Quote, originally posted by vr6turbin »
Way u put 475cc injectors??
go with the 310cc and then u will not be so rich...(thaing about that?)
and BTW if u boost 12 psi u don't need injectors bigger that that

Ill trade you if you have six.
I have eight thirty pounders

· Registered
2,026 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bretter »
good to 22 psi? cool. thanks gtrtim.

Well for fueling issues... Don't just turn the nob up to 22psi if your not familiar with running hiboost or if your afraid to blow up a motor .... But theres more then just air/fuel ratio when running high boost... I was just letting you know that you have the fuel aspect.
Thanks
Tim

· Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: vr6T guys help! (mattstacks)

Quote, originally posted by mattstacks »
Esp. not with that chip.

Thants not true I know people who ran 20psi on that chip and setup...
And as for the injectors we run 220cc injectors and have been 21psi before in testing...
It's all about the setup...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.