VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have turn2 motor mounts from and back and I'm still having problems with the turbo hitting the firewall. It has gotten worse since I put the 6 puck in there. ANy suggestions?:

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (J Dubya)

How much room do you have between the turbo and firewall? I just fitted mine on my mk2 VR turbo. i have approx. 1" between the turbo and firewall and kcd mounts all around. I hope i'm not coming into the same problem as you. and if so, i guess the only way to fix it is to hammer the firewall in a little. good luck, as i want to know also http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (vr6chris)

mine does this on my 2.0t, i just crammed it in there, but there are some damn horrible vibrations.

·
Registered
8,041 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (HAMgolf)

If you're going to hammer, remember to remove the heater core first. Simple fix: smaller turbo.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (DieGTi)

There is about an in of clearance in there. I'm just worried what it's going to do to the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (J Dubya)

Only time my turbo hit the firewall was when I broke the bolt out of the front motor mount (on top).

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (Ohio Brian)

Quote, originally posted by Ohio Brian »
Only time my turbo hit the firewall was when I broke the bolt out of the front motor mount (on top).

And then it sat in my garage for a couple weeks....

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (AggvGtivr6)

It was only like 5 or 6 days.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (Ohio Brian)

I did that on the Rado, actually broke the whole support and put a dent in my hood. It sounded like this

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (veedub11)

Can an engine leash or chain be used?

·
Registered
12,037 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (XenoX)

anyone ever thinking of shaving the front motor mount down a little?
i have the solid TT mount, and it would be poissible to shave it down about .25-.50" shorter... which would bring the turbo farther from the firewall i would assume.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (the4ork)

sounds like an ok idea to me

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (Kor)

Afer doing a few umm runs with a new Mach 1 moostang I cought my fire wall umm well on fire.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (WickedGTi)

Quote, originally posted by WickedGTi »
Afer doing a few umm runs with a new Mach 1 moostang I cought my fire wall umm well on fire.

That ISH is FUNNY.....
you CAN"T make this stuff up.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Jeffrey Atwood

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (Jefnes3)

Yeah but the funny part was seeing me figuring out how to put it out. There was no way I was going to dump water back there at the risk of cracking something. So well I got a bottle of water, put some water in my mouth and bent over to the rear of my engine bay. I thus proceeded to sqirt the water lightly out of my mouth and onto the fire wall letting it trickle down it to put it out. Also I must add it doesn;t smell great ether.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Re: VR6t, turbo hitting the firewall. I know I can't be the only one (WickedGTi)

Well I have these....engine moves, oh wait thats right the engine doesn't move at all...........

Solid hiem & torsion rod motor supports.......
One to the lower trans case and the other to a custom plate bolted to the side of the head......
I know I know, it's not really streetable if you dont like vibration at idle, but it's solid as hell, and puts power to the ground......

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Re: (vr6chris)

I made them, bought the parts, welded in a support bar and bolted it all up, it could be modified to work with a mount to the sub frame on mk3 cars, or made as a bolt in for modified mk4's... Not for street cars or stock cars, atleast not unless they are modified and want the best anti engine torque twist

1 - 20 of 22 Posts