VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2016 Volkswagen Amarok, like a lot of people I’ve done various LED light upgrades to the vehicle.

one notable “Failure” is the interior lights, I initially changed all the bulbs over and everything was working fine. Then they just stopped. So checked for a blown fuse. No easy task as the manual has no fuse holder diagram to indicate which fuse is that for interior lights. So searched the website, checked several forums etc. Found several, none of which alight to an AUSTRALIAN delivered RHD vehicle, for starters our fuse layout only has rows of 8 fuses, not 9 as every downloaded forum and free Google searches provide. Then of course there is zero, zip, zilch,nada information that specifically relates to the interior lights.

my interior lights are all still dead, no amount of searching had found a cure as yet. I must be a worlds first, installing LED interior lights in a RHD AMAROK in AUSTRALIA.

In summary, any ideas, help, suggestions all welcome. Thank you Don - Sydney - Australia.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a 2016 Volkswagen Amarok, like a lot of people I’ve done various LED light upgrades to the vehicle.

one notable “Failure” is the interior lights, I initially changed all the bulbs over and everything was working fine. Then they just stopped. So checked for a blown fuse. No easy task as the manual has no fuse holder diagram to indicate which fuse is that for interior lights. So searched the website, checked several forums etc. Found several, none of which alight to an AUSTRALIAN delivered RHD vehicle, for starters our fuse layout only has rows of 8 fuses, not 9 as every downloaded forum and free Google searches provide. Then of course there is zero, zip, zilch,nada information that specifically relates to the interior lights.

my interior lights are all still dead, no amount of searching had found a cure as yet. I must be a worlds first, installing LED interior lights in a RHD AMAROK in AUSTRALIA.

In summary, any ideas, help, suggestions all welcome. Thank you Don - Sydney - Australia.
Hi Don, I have a very similar issue and was wondering if you found the fuse for your internal lights?
I replaced a blown internal bulb in my 2013 ROK and neglected to turn off the switch before installing the new bulb. It arced and all internal lights extinguished.
I have visually checked every fuse under the dash and near the battery and none seem to be blown. I realise a multimeter or test light is the better way to check each fuse, and will do this next. I’ve also searched forums and the web and found nothing locating a specific fuse for the internal lights. I called VW and they said ‘it’s probably a blown fuse, and book it in to fix it’.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.