VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think it is strange that I would have trouble owning anything other than a VW.
I have owned VWs for all of my driving life(except for one Fiat.) I like other cars that have come out but I think I would feel bad if I bought something else.
Maybe I just fear change.

· Registered
406 Posts
Re: VW and everything else... (caboydman)

I know a guy at work who only buys Ford products. He builds his own racing Mustang, (high 9's at the track) and his daily cars all have been Ford, Lincoln or Mercury. He is a car guy through and through, but not a true car enthusiast IMHO. He expressed likes for other marques, BMW, etc. and could afford them, but always finds some reason (or excuse) to go back to Ford. I think it's a little odd.
So, yes, I do think it's strange that you would have this trouble. It's a great time to be a car enthusiast, look around at other marques, don't limit yourself. If you still come back to VW, that's OK, just make sure your not playing mind tricks on yourself.

· Banned
59 Posts
Re: VW and everything else... (vw_ev73)

Quote, originally posted by vw_ev73 »
brand loyalty... nothing wrong with it

others here may beg to differ

Looking at other brands, also nothing wrong with that.
But others WILL beg to differ

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: VW and everything else... (TicalDfJam)

yeah it's just I have been in the scene for so long. VW does not follow the criteria of what I want my next car to be. R32 is nice but still not what I am looking for.

· Registered
185 Posts
Re: VW and everything else... (caboydman)

I consider myself a VW person too but I like other cars also. But I don't think one should be too loyal to one brand only because it only limits your options. After reading through countless posts and seeing all the quality issues VWs have, it makes me wonder whether I'll get a new VW when I am able to afford it. With that in mind, my girlfriend asked my if I liked the Toyota Matix because she is thinking of buying one in the near future.....I said go for it after we went to the dealer and saw one. Great car.... and let's be honest, Toyota are great cars and REALLY reliable. Just my opinion.......

· Banned
25,589 Posts
Nothing indeed wrong with brand loyalty. Ever since I set foot in my old GTI (that I still have), I haven't seriously thought of any other marque for my next car. So I added a Passat. Next (in ten years!) will be a Touareg most likely. VW is doing some exciting stuff these days and nobody else in this market segment is really doing anything for me. When you grow up with something and have a passion for it, it's rare to leave it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.