VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
VW Arteon 4Motion 276bhp
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have fitted the facelift model clear tail light to my pre-facelift Arteon. At first, the inner lights didn’t work, but after reading a thread on here, there was a suggestion by @ZERO815 to connect pin2 and pin4 on the outer light connect and that worked. However, the lights are still not fully functional. Here are the issues I have;
1- the intro sequence only takes place on the outer light when opening the car. The inner light stays solid.
2- when I brake, only the outer light brake lights comes on, no brake light on the inner light.
3- indicator(turn signal) is solid. No dynamic mode. It was dynamic on my old lights and it shows dynamic when closing or opening the car.
fog light is ok
Reverse light is ok
Parking light is ok
I am hoping someone can assist me with re-wiring?
it seems like @ZERO815 is quite knowledgable in this area?
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

· Registered
VW Arteon 4Motion 276bhp
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can someone please tell me how to upload a video? Does it have to be a YouTube link? Can’t I upload directly from my files?

· Registered
VW Arteon 4Motion 276bhp
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, when I unlock the car the inner light comes on first then half a second later the outer lights come on. The outer lights then do the intro sequence but not the inner lights…

· Registered
VW Arteon 4Motion 276bhp
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are genuine OEM lights and specific for UK models… most of the functions work now, but not all 4 lights are in sync when unlocking the car. The inner lights don’t do the intro but they switch on first. Then the outer light comes on 1 second later and do the intro… not sure where to go from here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts