VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
really really disappointed customer here. I took the delivery of VW Atlas yesterday night and this morning the Brake light is on and there is problem with the Brake Booster. Also due to that issue I guess the automatic start stop light went off too.

I am really concerned with the quality of vehicle VW is putting out. I am an old loyal customer and had VW Passat 2003 for 15 years. I waited for them to deliver a great car and am one of the first customers to procure the Atlas, but i am really disappointed at my choice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ABS module is busted

alright ABS module is busted.....not happy at all

really really disappointed customer here. I took the delivery of VW Atlas yesterday night and this morning the Brake light is on and there is problem with the Brake Booster. Also due to that issue I guess the automatic start stop light went off too.

I am really concerned with the quality of vehicle VW is putting out. I am an old loyal customer and had VW Passat 2003 for 15 years. I waited for them to deliver a great car and am one of the first customers to procure the Atlas, but i am really disappointed at my choice.

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
Your new car has a warranty. All brands have defects. Quitcherbitchin. :laugh:

·
Registered
99 Posts
First year of an all new model will always have a few things to shake out. Part of being an early adopter, and why they put a nice warranty on it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
less than 1 day though?

as a future buyer, this is quite discouraging... i understand there will be some teething issues but a major failure (abs) in less than 24 hours? maybe time to look at the highlander again

·
Registered
750 Posts
as a future buyer, this is quite discouraging... i understand there will be some teething issues but a major failure (abs) in less than 24 hours? maybe time to look at the highlander again
We should get some quantitative data before basing a decision on a single anecdotal report. I've had mine for a week and a half with no problems to report. Now we can report the failure rate just cut in half.

·
Registered
11,579 Posts
We should get some quantitative data before basing a decision on a single anecdotal report. I've had mine for a week and a half with no problems to report. Now we can report the failure rate just cut in half.
exactly, I've owned mine for 5 days now and no issues at all.:beer:

·
Registered
657 Posts
LOL, buying first year models and then complaining. cccccc
I am not sure what did you expect? All companies have issues with first year models. Best is to buy when they go thru mid-life update.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Bosch is probably the supplier of the VW ABS modules. Same company that designed the TDI cheat. Call Bosch and complain :banghead: You're covered by your 6 yr and 72k miles warranty. No need to worry or be negative.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Bosch is probably the supplier of the VW ABS modules. Same company that designed the TDI cheat. Call Bosch and complain :banghead: You're covered by your 6 yr and 72k miles warranty. No need to worry or be negative.
LOL, BOSCH designed TDI cheat? No, VW designed TDI cheat.
BOSCH did what VW wants them to do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Remember, a failure of a single component in a car is not a failure in VW's quality control or a failure of someone on the assembly line. It's a failure of a component, most assuredly made by a supplier. These things happen. What you should observe and reflect on is how well VW handles the problem and replacement. Now, if several of us were up here saying that the components are failing, it might be evidence of a different problem that you could justify complaining to VW about. It's like saying Dell makes a crappy product because your Seagate hard drive croaked. Yeah, Dell may make a crappy product, but it's not because the HDD failed.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
It's not AT&T's fault that a muni worker cut the fiber line that causes your internet and TV to go out.

It's not they mayor's fault that crimes are perpetrated by bad people.

It's not the doctor's fault that the stent he put into your heart failed after six months.

It's not grocery store's fault that the factory where the beef came from had an e.coli outbreak.

At the end of the day, if your name is on the product, you end up being responsible. Sure, every car has issues, but it just does not matter. Perception is reality.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So how did the service dept deal with it? I'be had bad experience with VW service and frankly it's my biggest worry about buying another VW.

·
Registered
80 Posts
BostonianAtlas, the OP, has only 3 posts. for all you know he is Trolling Volkswagen. he probably has a Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander and wants to Troll that VW makes cars that dont work or break down on day 1.

he is Trolling you. you do realize there are people who spread Disinformation Fake News to spread Lies about their rivals and make people hesitate on buying the VW Atlas.

dont fall for their propaganda. for all you know the OP has never ever even been near a Volkswagen in his life let alone driven one.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
BostonianAtlas, the OP, has only 3 posts. for all you know he is Trolling Volkswagen. he probably has a Honda Pilot or Toyota Highlander and wants to Troll that VW makes cars that dont work or break down on day 1.

he is Trolling you. you do realize there are people who spread Disinformation Fake News to spread Lies about their rivals and make people hesitate on buying the VW Atlas.

dont fall for their propaganda. for all you know the OP has never ever even been near a Volkswagen in his life let alone driven one.
A good point, I'm sure it happens. But I tend to think this guy isn't trolling. OP, it's a brand new model, things are going to happen. Some things are going to occur that the techs haven't dealt with and your vehicle may end up being a guinea pig.

I just picked up a new Golf R last Tuesday and already I'm going to the dealership this week because the auto headlights randomly don't work and the wipers also have a fault where they won't work at times . It svcks, but that is what the warranty is for. If you had a Passat for 15 years you certainly must be aware of the randomness of VW's failures.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
closing the loop

just to close the loop, went straight to VW exec team and got the matter some serious eyes. Yes it was ABS module failure and yes I pay I bitch. would love to hear your preaching when your car goes down within first 10 miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stuff happens. It happens with technology as well and you were just unlucky. They are taking care of you - There is no car out there or device or appliance that is 100% perfect. Every product can have problems and when you buy a brand new model or are an early adopter of technology, there will be issues. You had to know that before buying the car.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Stuff happens. It happens with technology as well and you were just unlucky. They are taking care of you - There is no car out there or device or appliance that is 100% perfect. Every product can have problems and when you buy a brand new model or are an early adopter of technology, there will be issues. You had to know that before buying the car.
Good God, Craig, this is a run of the mill SUV, not the newly announced autonomous driving new A8.

I'm a big VW fan, but I refuse to give the company a pass on issues that should be considered table stakes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts