VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The VW Audi show will use the WWF & boxing as inpirations for the show, please allow me to explain. Note: we only decided on the how the VW's will work right now, however I will post addtional info as it becomes available.
The categories for the VW will work as follows;
MK1 will be the lightweights
MK2 will be the middleweights
MK3 will be the heavyweights
MK4 will be the superheavyweights
Now, keeping the following in mind that these are just the class. We can now move on to what division your car will fall under.
A. Cleanest Stock Car
B. Cleanest Modified Car
C. Most Orginal Car
These are subject to change, I just put these here to give you an idea. So, we have four classes and let say, four divisions. The winner of every division gets a title belt for that division. Next, the winner will also be given the option to compete for the World Champion Belt against the winner's from the other divisions.
In order to keep the aboved mentioned fair, we have decided that public will decided on the World Champion winner based on the voting system.
Every winner will be allowed to keep there belt's for one year, and then they are asked to compete again to keep there title the following year.
Let me know if you anyone is still interested in this show or your comments of what you think.
Thanks
Dub_Daze

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Re: VW & Audi Show in Toronto hosted by ERT Sport Tuning Update!!!!!!!!! (Dub_Daze)

...sound confusing, but when and where? I've got to start building a car...

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Re: VW & Audi Show in Toronto hosted by ERT Sport Tuning Update!!!!!!!!! (Jouko Haapanen)

aaahhhh!!! NOT REALLY
lET'S DO A TYPICAL FORMATE BUT KEEP THE CLASSES. OR GO STOCK, MODIFIED, OR SUPERMODIFIED

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Re: VW & Audi Show in Toronto hosted by ERT Sport Tuning Update!!!!!!!!! (GTI2lo)

I agree with GTI2lo...
Don't like the idea of the boxing/wwf thing... Very confusing, and not too many people watch wwf so they wont know whats going on (i for sure do not).
Keep it nice and simple, but make trophies for the winners of categories, with huge VW emblems on the tops of the trophy....
Anyways, get some Audi's and Porsche's there too!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: VW & Audi Show in Toronto hosted by ERT Sport Tuning Update!!!!!!!!! (Dub_Daze)

The classes are original, but where will anything other than Golfs/Jettas fit? I.e. Passats, Foxes, Dashers, etc. (the B-platform cars)? And be sure you have judges who know what they're looking at, so they can tell what's been changed from stock. Several times I've been asked why my A1 Jetta has a longitudinal engine (in reference to my 2d Fox). Argh!
I like the "most original car" idea. This should be broken down into both a "style" category and "powerplant" category. For example: if someone does something that hasn't been done and it's a clean install (like a 2.0 crossflow Fox, a 6-cyl turbo aircooled bus, a RWD pickup, a 5-cyl turbo Vanagon, W8 turbo Syncro Quantum wagon, etc.) These cars may not have the most expensive paint job or body kit, but tons of work has gone into them nonetheless, and they can usually smoke the good-looking cars.
Adam

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: VW & Audi Show in Toronto hosted by ERT Sport Tuning Update!!!!!!!!! (VW Fox)

anything to do with the wwf is lame.....i think that just a basic format would be better...wo when is the proposed date of this show? spring....summer??

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Re: VW & Audi Show in Toronto hosted by ERT Sport Tuning Update!!!!!!!!! (mk1gti girl)

quote:[HR][/HR]anything to do with the wwf is lame.....i think that just a basic format would be better...[HR][/HR]​
I couldn't agree more.
Please consider holding a "regular" type show. I think you would have a better response and a lot less confusion.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Generally it goes
Stock [3 mods or less]
Modified [4+ mods]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts