VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Re: VW connection to IPOD... (MLA)

Quote, originally posted by MLA »
My smaller playlist had +600 songs… I just group them by the author/group alphabetically so I would move among them easily

That's what I'm talkin about

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: VW connection to IPOD... (MLA)

Ok, so from reading this thread, am I to understand that basically this integration kit is nothing more than a direct connection to the radio, but doesn't display anything useful?
If that's so, what a huge waste! I wouldn't spend the money on such a device, even if it did sound better than my TransPod. Given that the radio has a 6 disc changer in it that can do MP3's, I'd much prefer to just burn a bunch of MP3 CD's so I can get the text to displayed.
It's so sad the technology is there, but it's not being used. You'd think that VW would have used a better head unit given that they're calling it "Premium Sound System".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: VW connection to IPOD... (PeterVA)

that’s a way to go… but you will burn a lot CDs to hold +10000 songs, But I’m with you VW should have a more capable stereo (“premium”) and also a better interface/adapter... mercedes has

Modified by MLA at 11:48 AM 10-26-2005

Modified by MLA at 11:50 AM 10-26-2005

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: VW connection to IPOD... (acpjxm)

Quote »
That's a pretty major downside as far as I'm concerned.

This is a HUGE downfall of the stereo system in our cars, IMO. Not just for the iPOD, either...apparently my CD player will display text in MP3 mode, but will not display CD text info from a regular CD.
These files all use the same scheme to display tect-IDv1/1.1/3, so why isn't there any CD text? So annoying.
It doesn't display RDS in the brightest way, either...huge screen, but only 10 characters or something.
Sam

·
Registered
19,712 Posts
Sounds a lot like this may be made by Denison for VW. There are a lot of similiarities between this and the ice>Link.
I may wait until the ice>Link for the New Jetta comes out as it should have text capabilities. They have it for modern text capable head units and I've seen it work in a Benz, and a BMW.
I expect it to be priced around $199 which would be about the same price for the VW adapter + install + tax I imagine.
Edit: Based on the post above I've ordered that ice>Link. I installed one into my wife's 05 Passat, and a 2003 Mini Cooper with much success. It should be here in a day or two and i'll post the results.
I've also asked the guys there to confirm that this will work with the 06 6-CD + SAT in dash HU as their summary says so but, lower down it only goes up to 05 and does not say new jetta or old jetta. Since they recommend the SAT pass thru I also asked if it connects to the SAT input and you have to hit SAT twice to get to the iPod since the install guide and users manual don't cover this. I did order the SAT pass thru.
I'll post my results and a DIY when I get it done.
Jeez my to do list is growin:
- DIY LED tail install guide for Passat mode
- DIY LED tail install guide with amber turns plus rear fog (once I get it figured out)

Modified by thread at 12:37 PM 10-26-2005

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Re: VW connection to IPOD... (CrazyDub320)

from what I understand the input on the back of the radio is not digital but analog - which means its likely NEVER going to display any data from an outside source (ie - cd changer port/iPod). That just makes NO sense to me @ all http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Re:

Quote, originally posted by kmead »
And you wish to add some information to support this fine pic??? If you have one, could you kindly enlighten us? Mant thanks

Hehe, its much more complicated than that. That USB hub is hooked up to entire computer I have installed in my dash. See the link in my profile for a long ass thread with pics and words

Quote, originally posted by svander »
Your car is dirty

There's a penny by the passenger footwell. Finders keepers!

Im a working man and I work out of my car! (delivery guy) This things never gonna be clean again

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Re: Re: (CrssEyedNSmilin)

Quote, originally posted by CrssEyedNSmilin »
Im a working man and I work out of my car! (delivery guy) This things never gonna be clean again

Ok, I am sure your car doesn't mind only because it has that HOT computer in it! I want one!
What's the status on the project by the way, is it running stable now?

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Re: Re: (svander)

Quote, originally posted by svander »

Ok, I am sure your car doesn't mind only because it has that HOT computer in it! I want one!
What's the status on the project by the way, is it running stable now?

Ill pm you so as not to hijack this thread.
BACK TO OEM USB!!!

21 - 40 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.