VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what the difference is between us Vdubbers and the Ricers. Most of the Ricers are ugly when done up but the VWs' are usually done with taste and class that only enhances the vehicle's looks. How many garish aliminum, wings do you see on a VW. How many Vdubs are done up to like like a sharks' mouth...none! I submit one of my favourites......

Modified by Ed52 at 6:51 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Re: VW customizers vs Ricers (Ed52)

take the blinders off and look and listen for a second. there are a fair amount of unclassy dubs around. ever hear a 2.slow coming from a mile away?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Not many vw's have aluminum wings because most of the done up ones are Golf's (how many Civic hatchbacks have you seen with wings?)
A lot of ricers get bad reps because they drive like idiots. I can't say I haven't seen some VW drivers who drive like idiots.

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Re: VW customizers vs Ricers (BLUEA2)

Quote, originally posted by BLUEA2 »
Whats wrong with a 2.0? Not every dub has to have a VR or 1.8T to be cool.

nothing is wrong with a 2.0...as long as it has 16 valves

2.slows are allright...you can make them go nicely, maybe just a little underpowered for big mk4's

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Re: (banban)

Quote, originally posted by banban »
Not many vw's have aluminum wings because most of the done up ones are Golf's (how many Civic hatchbacks have you seen with wings?)

I'd say that half of the VWs that are modified are Jettas and I still don't see any wings.
Also, I've seen quite a few Civic hatches that have had a giant aluminium wing stuck to the roof. Hell, I've even seen a pink Sprint with a roof mounted wing.

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Re: (rabbitmania)

beuty is in the hand of the beholder the way i see it.....everyone has their own taste.....i don't like honda....some are nice...not much....
my thing is the additude of most ricers...wing and exaust and their shat is tight you

my .02$

·
Registered
908 Posts
Re: (big_b)

Quote, originally posted by big_b »
beuty is in the hand of the beholder the way i see it.....everyone has their own taste.....i don't like honda....some are nice...not much....
my thing is the additude of most ricers...wing and exaust and their shat is tight you

my .02$

Eye of the beholder, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. now what you have in your hand and call beuty is your own business.. just remember this you shake it more then one you are playing with it.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Re: (Georg)

gay thread

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (trixx)

Hey Trixx...
..... your drivers' door is sagging and hinge needs alignment

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Re: (Ed52)

Quote, originally posted by Ed52 »
Hey Trixx...
..... your drivers' door is sagging and hinge needs alignment

the passenger door is even worse too

·
Registered
3,254 Posts

It's their money, their car, they can do whatever they want
Stop the hating around man, so what if ppl rice out their car, does it really raise your blood pressure?

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Re: VW customizers vs Ricers (vlad-e)

Quote, originally posted by vlad-e »
take the blinders off and look and listen for a second. there are a fair amount of unclassy dubs around.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

What about Dubbers who use "finger gap" as a suspension measurement. Now that's ***** mentality. "Finger Gap" is for testing how big a ho you just met

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Re: VW customizers vs Ricers (thatTDIguy)

I think the term "r.i.c.e.r." os highly misunderstood and misused.
In my eyes a "r.i.c.e.r." is a person who makes their car look like something when it isn't... ie: Vtec stickers all over a stock honda, and so forth. But that's just me.

Edit: why is the word r.i.c.e.r. censored

Modified by lightsandsirens at 3:28 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Re: VW customizers vs Ricers (thatTDIguy)

when i first got my car lowered, i still have the tendency to use my fingers to measure how many finger gap i have
so i guess i am still a r.i.c.e.r

1 - 20 of 41 Posts