VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post any stories about poor service through the dealership or mishaps with your vehicle. I am trying to see if I am the only one with such bad luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: VW Dealership or Vehicle Horror Stories (Ponch5404)

Here's my experience, maybe I'm making a bigger issue of it but it is frustrating none the less. I purchased the vehicle, certified used. Upon leaving the dealership noticed the driver side front tire was low but decided to fill it on my own after the hours long ordeal with the finance dept. etc... Found a nail in the tire the next day when filling but thought, hey no biggie I'll just take it in for a repair. Get the repair done and am informed that the inside of my rim is bent very badly and that it might lose air pressure. Upon getting back to work from the place where I had it repaired I see a huge scratch in the rim. Call them and let them know that they beat up my rim. They agree to do the repair but again tell me about the inside of my rim. I contact the Service Dept. at the dealership I puchased the car from and take the rim down for them to evaluate. The service manager is not in hte office for the next few days so I have to wait for his approval. I am told that they are going to REPLACE the rim so I think that I am knocking out two birds with one stone. A week later I pick up the wheel and low and behold, there is my old rim which they decided to send out for repair with the lovely scratch peering back at me. So I have to fight with the tire place to get it resolved which takes another week and in the meantime I crusing around with a spare hoping I don't get a flat. All of this because the dealership decided that it was not important enough to address with the bloody pre-sale inspection, which I question was ever done. There's more, bare with me! I take a trip to Wyoming and in a little town my driver's side window comes crashing down. Yeah, there is no dealership anywhere near me so is sits down for several days and I get to take a lovely 5 hour trip back with the window down. Of course that is covered by the warranty so I get it repaired but in the process the passenger door interior marker light no longer functions. Good times! Next I try to get plates. Of course like anyone else I wait until the very last week to do so. I come to find that my dealership has not sent n the paperwork to the county so I make a wasted trip to the DMV. I call them, they have their likely excuse that the person in charge up and quit...blah blah blah! So I am assured that the paperwork will be overnighted and there by Tuesday of the following week at the latest. Yeah, the idiots did not send the paperwork so I again skip out of work early make a wasted trip to the DMV. I've gotta say, I'm not too impressed with things so far. Hope your luck is better then mine!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

I bought my car from a small used car dealership. It was light out so i didnt realize that the lights behind the climate controlls were out, i was driving it the next night when i realized it and took it back to them, they tried to charge me for it claiming that i broke it. I fought with them and finally they fixed it, took 4 hours though. No other problems with my car AT ALL after that. so im happy

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

There are 296 posts (mostly griping) on the topic of "dealership" in the archives.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts

-May 2002-Drivers side window regulator fails.
-VWoA agrees to warranty the regulator.
-Dealership says new regulators are on a nationwide backorder.
Duct tape to hold window until July. Had the dealership "jam" the window for a trip to Ohio. Get the car back, and the duct tape was removed, but the glue was still left on the window/door. Called VWoA to complain that dealership didn't have courtesy to "attempt" to remove glue. Service manager complains to me that, the complaint with VWoA ruins there service standards compared to other VW dealerships, and makes them look bad.
-Recieve phone call conviently while in Ohio that regulator parts have arrived
-August 2002 drivers side window regulator replaced.
I bet I have the record for "waiting for a part" to arrive:12 weeks
Now everytime my Jetta fails me, I must make a trip to this dealership to have work done, even though my buisness keeps there jobs which I ruined by complaining to VWoA.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: VW Dealership or Vehicle Horror Stories (CapeGLS)

A tale of two dealers.....one good and one not so good!
Went to Berge VW in Arizona in Sept of 2000 looking to drive a 1.8t and a VR6 GTI so I could choose between the two. The salesman was courteous and let me drive the 1.8t because they had several, but the sales manager would not let him test drive me in the 2000 VR6 since they only had one and it was on the showroom floor. The car was silver w/black leather and I knew I wanted black w/tan leather. I told the sales manager that I would buy either a 1.8t or a VR6 in black and tan that day, he could order it for me, but I needed to drive the VR6 to see which one I wanted. Unbelievably enough, he said no and that they would call me "if and when" they got a black VR6 in stock. The car was just too rare and he did not want to put any miles on it. I took a backward glance at the car as I left, just making sure that I wasn't mistakenly looking at a Ferrari or Lamborghini instead of a VW!!
I left and drove a few miles to Chapman VW and not only got to drive an 2001 VR6 but the sales manager reviewed what he had coming in and low and behold, the black and tan leather car I wanted was due in any day. I left a deposit and 12 days later took delivery of my new car.
Amazingly enough, I went back to Berge with my mother in October of 2001 because she wanted a Passat wagon with a 1.8t and got the SAME SHABBY treatment by the sales management staff and once again took my business to Chapman. I never told anyone at Berge how I was treated because I am sure that there are people out there that have had the reverse experience. I thought it was kind of funny that I got the cold shoulder not once, but twice!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: VW Dealership or Vehicle Horror Stories (boomer719)

That's the way to earn business, turn it down by refusing to sell the showroom vehicle. Isn't that what a dealership does, sells cars? What idiots!

·
Registered
4,289 Posts

I have one to top everyone..........I have mentioned it before on Vortex, but still have yet to release the full detailed version.
I just recently purchased a new GLI 1.8t at a dealership other than the one my b/f worked at. The very next day, they fired him because of it. He has been out of work for 3 weeks now.....
The sales manager said that I can't even take my new VW on their property......too bad I went in for a sticker today!

I have contacted VWoA and they actually did call me, as well as called the dealership. We are still waiting to see what happens. They have until this Friday to send us a written statement of why they terminated him. (By ME state law, they have 15 days after we request it, and they have yet to respond).
At some point I will probably post the entire story........stay tuned!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: VW Dealership or Vehicle Horror Stories (Veedubgli)

Alright! I guess I should shut my mouth and stop complaining. Good luck with that. OUCH!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Re: VW Dealership or Vehicle Horror Stories (Veedubgli)

Quote, originally posted by Veedubgli »
I have one to top everyone..........I have mentioned it before on Vortex, but still have yet to release the full detailed version.
I just recently purchased a new GLI 1.8t at a dealership other than the one my b/f worked at. The very next day, they fired him because of it. He has been out of work for 3 weeks now.....
The sales manager said that I can't even take my new VW on their property......too bad I went in for a sticker today!

I have contacted VWoA and they actually did call me, as well as called the dealership. We are still waiting to see what happens. They have until this Friday to send us a written statement of why they terminated him. (By ME state law, they have 15 days after we request it, and they have yet to respond).
At some point I will probably post the entire story........stay tuned!

wow sounds interesting.... and terrible... i hope vwoa give it to them good

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Re: VW Dealership or Vehicle Horror Stories (flashback)

I will say that "what goes around, comes around" however.....
A couple of nights ago, a $75,000 Phaeton was stolen from this joke of a dealership! Owned!!

It still hasn't been recovered!

·
Registered
8,951 Posts

My Jetta was at the dealer more than I had it at home for the first couple months. VWoA actually made one of my payments because the car was in the service department (not drivable) for a month. Then the dealer gave me $200 in driver gear OOOOOOO. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts

hmm.... where should I start...
Bought my Jetta 1.8T and in the first two months, I had to tow it into the dealer three times!! All because of the coilpack issue, and I noticed they were only swaping one at a time,
so the third time I towed it to a different dealership were a friends mother was the service manager and she was awesome and changed all four coilpacks.
So that was in Minnesota, then I moved out here to AZ, and after that 2000+ mile drive, I went to get an oil change at the only place I knew at the time (didn't have my tools yet) and it was sort of recomended, so anyways I went to Walmart for an oil chage
, so I drive off and everything is ok for about a week. Then while I'm driving down Cactus rd. I hear a clang under my car, thought it was a rock kept on driving got to the next light see my oil light turn on and start flashing, so I pull over turn off the car and get out, I was going to look under the car to see what it was but then I saw the oil just pour out
, found out that clang was the oil plug
, so I call Walmart they come out and put a new plug and do another oil change, and give me two free oil changes, obviously I'm never going back there again.

That's my sad experience with dealers and other places, I could go on about my previous car, but I think I'd need a book for that one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts