VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so here's the deal...I'm in advertising major at The University of Texas and I'm doing a class project on a local VW dealership here in Austin. I though it would be cool to have random VW owner/driver quotes throughout the project to show I that understand the customer, etc.
So, if you drive or own a VW, please do the following for me and I'll owe you enternally.
1. First name only
2. Year of VW
3. Model of VW
4. Please tell me in a sentence or two why you drive a Volkswagen (like what made you pick that car/make or what about driving a VW appealed to you, etc)
Thanks all, I really appreciate it.
-Kathy

·
Registered
524 Posts
Re: VW Drivers...I NEED YOUR HELP! Very short. (Kathy_151)

1. Bob
2. 2003
3. GTI 1.8T
4. I drive this car because it has a turbo, easy to modify, attractive, sporty and has many safety features (i.e. 8 airbags, ABS, ASP etc.).

·
Registered
138 Posts
1. Eric
2. 1969
3. Karmann Ghia Convertible
4. I adopted this car for the history and character of volkswagen and its a blast to drive

·
Registered
7,841 Posts
Re: (BeetleinPa)

Doss
Corrado G6
The Corrado is the best looking VW ever made and the G60 is cheaply modded and it sure beats haveing a rice burner

·
Registered
132 Posts
1) Jeff
2) 2002
3) Jetta GLX VR6
4) When i bought this car I asked myself " why did it take so long for me to buy a REAL car?" I love german engineering.

·
Registered
12,988 Posts
Steve
92 Jetta Turbo Diesel
Great mileage and much more fun to drive then one would expect.

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
1. Jonathan
2. 1998
3. Golf GL
4. I was unexplainably attracted to the looks of mk2 Volkswagens (85-92 roughly) back in high school. Finally had enough money and bought a newer Golf - I love the looks, the versatility, and especially the German quality and handling .. Japanese cars are reliable but European cars are more stylish and fun. Also, I hate American cars.

·
Registered
432 Posts

1. Elliott
2. 1973
3. Super Beetle
4. Ever since i first saw one when i was little, i wanted one. They looked cool. I love driving it, great on gas, and it turns heads! Oh, and i love watchin kids slug each other when i drive by, thats always good for a laugh!

·
Registered
588 Posts

Anna
Golf GTi
I drove a 4-door and decided I needed something a LOT smaller. I'm German and am partial to anything coming from or pertaining to Germany. I love the look of the VW cars. I knew I could do some mods to the car that wouldn't cost me a fortune.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: VW Drivers...I NEED YOUR HELP! Very short. (fantasticmrfox)

1. Cristine
2. 1971
3. Karmann Ghia
4. Because it turns more heads than $40k+ new cars http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: VW Drivers...I NEED YOUR HELP! Very short. (kuklaki)

1. Wayne
2. 1989
3. Fox 4 door
4. Paid $500 for a Fox from Cali., only 71,000 miles, no rust or dents, just faded paint, original spare tire still unused in trunk, tool kits never been used. OK, it can fit anywhere, hand brake is good for fast 180's, FWD is good for reverse donuts, and awesome gas mileage.

Modified by vwfocks at 12:22 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
251 Posts

1. John
2. 2004
3. Jetta GLS 2.0
4. Looks, Dependability, Quality - Wanted a good Daily Driver and similar American & Japanese cars did not appeal to me at all - most were cheap-looking or downright ugly. I plan on buying a second "performance" Jetta soon.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts

1. Jon
2. 1985
3. Sciroccco
4. My dad is a 30 year vw tech so i can get them fixed really cheap. Also, why wouldn't i drive a volkswagen? Love the style, handling, gas milage, and reliablity(spelling?).

·
Registered
532 Posts

1.Justin
3.GTI VR6
4.German engineering and quality for low $, good looks, awesome performance, not everyone has one.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

Marcus
Golf
I like just about everything in a VW, the pricing of my car seems right, I like the exterior and interior styling and love the feel of it (not to mention the previous positive experience I've had w/ my 90 Golf & 99 Passat).

·
Registered
403 Posts

Mike
Passat
One drive, your hooked. The biggest reason now is the swap-ability. Just like Legos, ya know? Start tinkering, you'll never stop.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts