VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

· Registered
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told an uncle of my fiance's that I drove a Jetta, and he said "I can't believe you drive one of these, all these cars in Mass (Where he's from) Drive like mad men. Weaving through traffic, speeding like crazy, most of them I see I avoid." I chuckled and said "Seriously? I can hardley believe that"
What type of stereotypes have you all heard about us VW folks??

· Registered
1,468 Posts
Re: VW drivers "Stereotypes" (msuperbauer)

All I know is almost every GTI driver I've seen is driving on left most lane going a minimum of 20km/h over the speed limit. If there are slow left lane drivers they all start weaving.
That's basically how I drive as well.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Re: VW drivers "Stereotypes" (GTIdr_jones)

When i was talking about getting a VW everyone at work claimed that "Only gay men drive vw's".... It pissed me off
I have heard a few other comments of the same nature about Vw's too.

· Registered
836 Posts
Re: VW drivers "Stereotypes" (vdubinn)

yeah, either girls drive 'em or gay guys do...why would you be pissed if it's a gay car? I see nothin' wrong with that...the jetta is officially the gayest car in the world for guys...haha, there's a website about that somewhere...ill find it

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Re: VW drivers "Stereotypes" (WLFSBRG18T)

Quote, originally posted by WLFSBRG18T »
yeah, either girls drive 'em or gay guys do...why would you be pissed if it's a gay car? I see nothin' wrong with that...the jetta is officially the gayest car in the world for guys...haha, there's a website about that somewhere...ill find it

I wasnt pissed off about it being a "gay" car...lol I was pissed that it was even said

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Re: (nuxx)

Quote, originally posted by nuxx »
Eurosnobs.

Yeah, but the 2.0, 1.8T and VR6 guys are *wanna be Euro Snobs* if they were real Euro Snobs they would buy a more snobby car.
TDI drivers on the other hand are frugal and stuck up, and according to one midwest newspaper, "smarter and better looking" (actual quote from the Kansas City newspaper last year). See, no other European car maker offers a TDI in the US, so we settle for what is available and just turn our noses up a bit higher

· Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: VW drivers "Stereotypes" (CaliVeeDubChick03)

Quote, originally posted by CaliVeeDubChick03 »
When i was talking about getting a VW everyone at work claimed that "Only gay men drive vw's".... It pissed me off
I have heard a few other comments of the same nature about Vw's too.

I heard that about Subaru.

· Registered
2,461 Posts
Re: VW drivers "Stereotypes" (msuperbauer)

Basically that it is a chicks car

But I can't tell you how many times I have broken the ice with girls when I make fun of my own car.
What? My baby knows I don't mean it...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.