VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me but I'm finding so much R32 bashing by 337/20thAE owners. Are they upset they no longer have the "hottest new vw"? This is so lame people, they're all cool vw's.
I remember when the Corrado's came out...those guys were even worse...you couldn't talk to many of them if you only had a GTi.
Then the 337's came out and there was a similar attitude...then the 20th AE.
Hopefully us R32 people won't have those attitudes.
I know this is a generalization and most of the 337/20thAE people like the car..but there's a really annoying, vocal crowd of haters out there. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (FLY-GTI1)

Here here..
I just hope that the R32 owners do not end up with those mighter than tho attitudes like in the mk4 forum.. Most of the people I know getting R32's are MK3 owners.. and hella cool.. I just hope the power does not change them.. If so, then it will change the car to a 20th or 337 with AWD & 240hp.. instead of a *R32*. Just my opinion..

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't see the problem with the class envy, your black or white, you got this and that who's and what's what...descrimination, envy and ****, pointless and VERY childish to think in such manner.
Most people who've got what they got have worked for it, either by taking risks with their finances or whatever. You either have the wine or work attitude, I dispise people who posess the wine attitude. Quite Frankly, I just ignore them.

·
Banned
20,212 Posts

Quote, originally posted by FLY-GTI1 »

Hopefully us R32 people won't have those attitudes.

There will be those people that think they are better than others because they drive a 30K VW. That is ok though. Reason being? Because "most" of these people are new to the VW scene. They could care less about other VW's and only bought the R32 because of what it is. No love for the rest of the VW community and that is ok.
When these "type" of people bought the R32, they didn't sign a contract saying, you have to interact with other VW owners and appreciate the car they drive.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (Gateway337)

hehe... the R32 is nice and all..
but.... i'd rather have an Evo or an STI. hehe..
thats just me.. i'm not gonna hate on an R32... but thats just my preference.

·
Registered
794 Posts

I share your sentiments, Fly. I am one of those MkIII VR6 owners mentioned that is moving to the R32. I am sure I will be as impressed with the car as most owners are, but that by no means changes my attitude toward other VW owners, their cars, or any other marque for that matter. We are all enthusiasts, each with our personal preferences, and in the end it is still all about cars.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (quazar311)

Quote, originally posted by quazar311 »
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
503 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (vdublyou)

I am going from a Mk4 to an R32. Oh yeah, and I've had a 86 GTI, 91 GLI 16v, and a 95 Golf Sport. I could care less what anyone else has, if you are a fellow dubber i will always respect you. Just because I am getting an R32 it doesn't make me better than any other VW owner. I am starting to dislike even being a fellow VW enthusiast with some people because I am sick of everything having to be "who's better" Why can't we all just realize what it is that brought us all to this website in the first place?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (ricsR32)

it's kind of funny how this is the only place that I'm ashamed to be a vw owner. I was once ashamed to own a mk4 because of the behavior in that forum. I was ashamed to own 1.8t because of the bickering in it's respective forum. Then I shrugged to admit I own a 20th because of the ego's in that forum. Now the R32 has its share of the "I'm so god damned cool" pissing contest attitude the only difference is you guys are "mature". Just don't let this become a Porsche attitude club alright. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Maybe it's the mk4's though because I was never ashamed to own my mk3.

Modified by Grngolf at 4:50 PM 2-15-2004

·
Registered
461 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (quazar311)

Quote, originally posted by quazar311 »

This topic has nothing to do with the Sti or Evo
. It is about vw enthusiast and their cars. Go buy your Sti or Evo and be happy with it. You don’t need to come here and tell us that. Trolls!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (Grngolf)

Hey man, you should never be ashamed to be a VW owner. before i put my deposit down on an R32 i was actually about to buy a jazz blue 20th AE. I happen to like them very much, and who cares who's is faster stock you know what i mean? Most of us are into tuning anyway and in the end it's how you tuned that matters. i currently have a 1.8t and I do like it and i will always know the potential of that car because i own one. the bottom line is put your 20th next to my R32 and instead of pointing things out and arguing what's better a true dubber would just say sweet, check this line up out, let's get a 337, mk3 GTI, mk2 GTI and a mk1 Rabbit GTI lined up next to us too. this is more of a dynasty than a competition. Up here most my VW people are all cool with each other, it's a thumbs up and a smile to a fellow dubber. http://www.sandlimports.com is our VW forum. anyways man, i'm on your side and there is nothing wrong with owning any VW, i even respect the eurovan dude.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (veedubpiranha)

Although I agree with some of your post, (there's no way in hell that i'm going to pick it apart i'm just too lazy) I think you completely missed the point of my post. I said that this (certain vortex forums) is the only place that I have ever felt ashamed being a vw owner. NOT for any lack of love for my car but because of the behavior of some of the people mentioned. sorry if you didn't understand what my point was perhaps I wasn't being clear.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (Grngolf)

R32 is the BEST VW EVER! R32 is better than the lowly regular GTI, or AE and 337! R32 RULES

·
Registered
503 Posts

"R32 is the BEST VW EVER! R32 is better than the lowly regular GTI, or AE and 337! R32 RULES"
please tell me you're kidding

·
Registered
723 Posts

Man, I completely agree. The R32 is getting so bashed on by people who've either never driven it or even ever seen it in person.
I was just at a GTG with a Reno VW club last night and everybody there has respect for everybody's dub no matter what model it was. Stop all the hate...it's not like you ever see me goin around sayin "My R32 is so much better than your 337 which is just an overpriced GTI" I think they are both sick...so smoke a bowl and chill the fack out!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Re: VW Ego's...(or "how VW people bash the R32") (Cmefly!)

I love all you guys. Heck I gave up my high class A4 for a lowly R32. What was I thinking?? ha

·
Registered
192 Posts

You know, WHO CARES? None of you or me had a hand in either designing or building any of these cars.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote, originally posted by veedubpiranha »
"R32 is the BEST VW EVER! R32 is better than the lowly regular GTI, or AE and 337! R32 RULES"
please tell me you're kidding

I think the fact that he put this
after that quote means he's kidding.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts