VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello does anyone know what the A2 designates at the end of fluid type "VW G 055 025 A2 "?

The application is a Aisin 09G transmission.

Aisin makes a T-IV fluid that meets VW G 055 025.

What is required for a 2006 Jetta with a 09G transmission and does the A2 make any difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don’t know. Interested in whether anyone else here knows, either. My guess is that the VW spec more or less duplicates the AIsin generic spec for these trannies, but I’d rather know than guess.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Doesn't look like anyone here has much info. Have you found anything on the topic elsewhere?

This looks to me like a VW number for Aisin-Warner JWS 3309/Toyota T-IV or JWS 3324/Toyota WS. Those two differ a bit in starting viscosity (at 100C).

·
Registered
283 Posts
The last two digits usually denote the size of the container, so it's not important when you try to cross reference another brand.

I've used Valvoline MaxLife ATF with good results on multiple VW/Audi transmisisons: MaxLife™ Multi-Vehicle ATF : Product Catalog - Valvoline™

You really don't need to spend extra money on the VW bottle. The transmission is nothing special. Just change the fluids often to maximize it's life. But sooner or later, the valve body/solenoids will wear out and you'll need to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.