VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1064 Posts

·
Registered
8,172 Posts
Wow, I really like the look of your car. I also really appreciate how you decided to fix it and are now making continual small improvements to it as time/budget allows with good attention to detail and quality parts. You have a really nice car there! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
i dig this alot cuz its not about coilovers and how low can i go its super clean and very much a daily that is well presented in mostly stock form with upgrades that add to the car not make it look awful lol ..granted i like a car lowered on a cup kit though which is what i got plans to do ...i am pretty much following this kind of rebuild on my coupe and it is quite inspiring to see a build like tihs and had to be pretty depressing wrecking it but think the paint job was just a blessing in disguise anyhow and love the under the bridge pics too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I'm so glad people appreciate my work and car. My overall goal is to make it: handle better, stop quicker, be faster though keeping the looks off the car completely OEM-looking. Sometimes you have to make a hard call on some parts...like this for example:

an OMP strutbrace:

I guess i'm going to buy it because the mk2 performance tuning manaul says it has a positive effect on the handling department.

I've got special plans for the engines as well, however since most people just swap them out for a 16Valve, I don't intend to do that. My engine is still numbersmatching with the chassis...so I'm just going to moddify that somewhat. Another (expensive) mod i'm thinking about is the quaife limited slip diff, to help putt the "power" down to the ground.:D

Big sorry if my english is a bit crap:wave:

The car will also be featured on the golfmk2.be calander:

:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice!! Car looks way better than when it was new. Love the stripe on the side aswell.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Nice one Ken :thumbup:

thanks, sold the interieur i bought from you about 2 years ago, I'm putting in the OEM '87 interieur. though the backseat won't make it back into the car.

Nice!! Car looks way better than when it was new. Love the stripe on the side aswell.
thanks alot, I do my best. However it's about time i put some miles on this baby.

I had some problems with the alignment of the car, we've come across a small problem. In short:
the old steeringrod wasn't adjustable, the new one is. When I tried to adjust the toe-in, I wouldn't change even though the rod itself was turning into the balljoint at the same time it was turning off the steeringcolumn.:confused:

I'll be sorting that one out next week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
very nice resto project you have, Ken :beer:

I'm also enjoying the fact that you decided to keep the 8v engine in the car. A lot of fun can be had with some mild porting/polishing, a more aggressive cam, and an exhaust manifold.

Keep up the nice work! :thumbup:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
thanks, I prefer the 8V engine to the 16V because of the torque it has at low rpm. I've got a transmission from a normal 1800carb in it with longer ratio's. So it makes good use of it, very handy on motorways.

70mph(112km/h) is about 2900rpm in 5th.:D

Mileage isn't so great with the mechanical injection and my driving style.

I'm willing to upgrade the motor though, but not in the near future, cost too much $ or € in my case.

21 - 40 of 1064 Posts