VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Arteon, 2016 .:R, 1991 Mazda B2600i
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If true, it's getting worse*...

(*my opinion, never was/will be a fan of the iPad aesthetic)

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

Reactions: PursuitOfCorrado

·
Registered
2022 Golf R DSG Lapiz Blue
163 Posts
Looks like they're using a Golf as a test mule for another model.

·
Registered
2019 GTI Autobahn
562 Posts
I'm another person who is definitely sick of the bolt a computer monitor into the car look, especially when it is obscuring view out of the windshield. When it comes to screens, I feel size is determined by the amount of information you need to display. Since we're driving, not watching television, there is absolutely no need for that much display real estate. The 8" screen on the MK7.5 is more than sufficient.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have a total aversion to the dashboard mounted tablets. Why not just dock your laptop in the car?

I am fine with the infotainment the way it stands. Could it use a little fine tuning, sure. However, I really don't want the whole focus of the dash to be a huge computer screen.

The bigger it is, the more it takes away from the actual driving experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If true, it's getting worse*...

(*my opinion, never was/will be a fan of the iPad aesthetic)

View attachment 224406

Agh no, guys that's just an inside view of one of the TEST Mules. Probably out of Wolfsburg or more likely from their test track in AZ.

·
Registered
2019 Arteon, 2016 .:R, 1991 Mazda B2600i
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Agh no, guys that's just an inside view of one of the TEST Mules. Probably out of Wolfsburg or more likely from their test track in AZ.
Definitely not AZ. The linked article has pictures of the exterior. Too verdant to be AZ.
Car is plated with German plates.
City code is
  • BS - Brunswick (Braunschweig), Lower Saxony

I dunno, I can see the argument that all vehicles will be getting the ID.4 type treatment.
I hope not. But I can see the logic in the argument.

VW would never do that.
Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Reactions: djrobot

·
Registered
61 Posts
Personally, I'd be perfectly happy if we could go back to this....

Communication Device Audio equipment Gas Metal Machine

or better yet, this....

Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part Aluminium

But I know!

We NEED access to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, GPS, phones, radio, news, etc, every second, every minute, of every day, because God forbid we MISS the latest video of a cat jumping over a dog while we should be paying attention to our driving!!!

But, we "Boomers" often forget just how important it is to be constantly informed about NOTHING!

My $0.02!:mad:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Are you people incapable of critical thinking or do you live your life one disingenuous statement at a time just for the thrill of being combative?

You really think Android Auto/CarPlay/OE Solution infotainment adds Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the news? In the event that you're genuinely unaware. Let me enlighten you; they don't. They provide numerous audio options outside of terrestrial radio and also mapping.

Sounds like its time for 'boomers' to pull their selves up by their boot straps and grow up already. Because gOd fORbID AnyONe LiVES thEiR lIvES DifFErenTLY tHan YoU. Too bad maturity wasn't handed to you like everything else in your life.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts