VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like to get ahead of myself and i am not too familiar with vw engines. so what really should i be looking at for mods for the gti vr6? best to go turbo or supercharge? need suggestions for engine mods, basically every suggestion is needed. when it comes to vw's i am blind to the world of modifications. only thing i really do know is suspension which i will most likely go with billstein coil-over pss or something along that line. i am a big fan of billstein, good feel for a good price and still streetable. but i do need suggestions for sway bars and such, maybe camber plates... i don't know if i want to waste my tires yet heh. exhaust is big too... nothing ricy, want a thick full sound, headers, cams, differential... thanks!

·
Banned
7,868 Posts
Re: vw gti mod questions... what's best to get, need ideas (autocrosser12345)

Schrgr is great, bilstiens pss9 suspension is great as well, a little pricey but worth it , Camber platess???? only if your taking the car to the track alot, im using the autotech sways and i love them , they are a few companys that sell them though, as far as exhaust , a nice catback will suit u, im running a thermal research unit, it sounds great with no droning , quaiffe and cams are a must

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: vw gti mod questions... what's best to get, need ideas (pineapplegti)

ya camber plates for the autocrossing and i do track schools when i can. after college i will be trying to do some scca if i can find some money heh. but cool thanks...
oh ya links are a good thing too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts