VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18,222 Posts
Re: VW Microbus (Waiting in CA)

VW is (or will, rather) producing the Microbus at its Hanover plant.
If I could afford it, I'd buy it and only with round headlights -- don't care for those prototype lights.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Re: VW Microbus (HR_racer)

Quote, originally posted by HR_racer »
VW already said it will built it!

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Re: VW Microbus (INSANE808JETTA)

round headlights please!!! those robotic rectangular ones give the new bus a "cold" personality! if they want to capture the spirit of the old bus, nothing screams retro like round headlights!! after all, would you call the new beetle a new beetle if it had square headlights?
unless, of course, it's a mullholland look NB...

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Re: VW Microbus (DrivinAJetta)

I'd say the round likes are much more likely than the robolights of the concept version. It was obviously made in a time during which Volkswagen was doodling around, trying to evolve its design language. And the way Volkswagen is going is best seen in concepts like the Magellan and the Concept R: IOW, roundish, swooping headlights. So, I'd bet on seeing round headlamps in the production Microbus http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Does anybody have any other info on this? What kind of motor options? AWD? Air suspension?
I'd definatly rock a Quad Cab!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: (my 2.0 rocket)

We currently drive a Honda Odyssey as our family car, we are waiting for the Microbus to be our next family car. I think I prefer the concept headlights instead of the round ones though...it gives it a tougher, modern image that doesn't try to be retro.
Either way...please provide a version with TDI, AWD and a six-speed tiptronic or DSG - my wife wants an automatic, please give us the best!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts