VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
301 - 320 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just found this thread.
I have some tips for installation of this light.
No need to remove the whole bumper. Just remove screws as other guides.

And also, those 3 under the bumper.

after that,
you can pull out the bumper a little bit more like that.

enjoy the LHD lights :D

(tell me if the pictures not work)

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Just found this thread.
I have some tips for installation of this light.
No need to remove the whole bumper. Just remove screws as other guides.
Thanks for this tip! There is no need to remove the whole bumper, I just confirmed this. This way saves you the time of taking all the screws out of the bottom of the bumper and having to pop out your side markers... takes all of 10 mins per side to swap lights, if that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine will be here tomorrow...don't know if i should get them installed (At shop, they are gonna paint my front valance also) or wait 4 days until my 6k bulbs arrive and install those with the headlights off the car?

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
Mine will be here tomorrow...don't know if i should get them installed (At shop, they are gonna paint my front valance also) or wait 4 days until my 6k bulbs arrive and install those with the headlights off the car?
It's really not possible to install bulbs with the lights installed. With that said, it only takes 10 mins to remove the light, you do NOT need to remove the bumper...

·
Registered
8,669 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
so installed them tonight...

DRL's coded off through VAGCOM, and only the passenger side low beam works...

both side LED's work
both side HI beams work...

:(

·
Registered
195 Posts
I PM with some things to check, hopefully it is just a loose connection or something small.
Ed, not sure what the deal was, but everything works great now!

the fitment even seems better than OEM!

really appreciate your quick response..

--- you guys have nothing to worry about with Ed's prompt service and shipping!

:beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's really not possible to install bulbs with the lights installed. With that said, it only takes 10 mins to remove the light, you do NOT need to remove the bumper...
That sucks, but i'd rather not have to go that trouble, so i will just wait for both the headlights and bulbs to be delivered..

PS why it can't be done with them on the car? i already uninstalled/installed mine with them off and it doesn't look like you need more space than you do with the halogen low beam bulbs to do it, since they are D2H not D2S, which are a smaller version made specially for cars with not much space behind the headlights.

Let me know!

But those have wires hanging off of them??? Don't we just need bulbs, no wires? Or am I missing something?
They are HID bulbs, so they come with connectors, they look exactly like the ones already in the housing. :cool:

Ed, not sure what the deal was, but everything works great now!

the fitment even seems better than OEM!

really appreciate your quick response..

--- you guys have nothing to worry about with Ed's prompt service and shipping!

:beer::beer::beer:
Awesome! post pics of LEDs running :laugh:

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
If you are familiar with how all of the bulbs go in and are locked into place, installing them with the headlights still on the car isn't that bad.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you are familiar with how all of the bulbs go in and are locked into place, installing them with the headlights still on the car isn't that bad.
That's what i was thinking, just unclip the two metal clips, pull bulb out, disconnect two cables, then slide in new bulb.

I think the new bulb has notches that need to be aligned or something..which i couldn't figure out..

but you probably need to have small hands to be able to hold in the new bulbs while inserting the clip.

·
Registered
8,669 Posts
So i was under the impression that these were either drl+hid or off only. Do the leds acts as drl w/o the hid?
Not in the true sense, no. If you have a euro switch, if you turn it to the parking light position, the LEDs come on with the tail lights and the side markers. They come on independent of the HIDs but the tails and side markers are on.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not in the true sense, no. If you have a euro switch, if you turn it to the parking light position, the LEDs come on with the tail lights and the side markers. They come on independent of the HIDs but the tails and side markers are on.
hmm, when I turn to my parking light switch, the lows come on too.

i just have DRL's off in VAG, is there something else I need to do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Right Hand Drive Cars?

Quick question, now that more people have got their headlamps, has anyone noticed if you can modify the light beam direction so it can be setup for Right Hand drive cars? Or are these fixed?

I really really want a set but only if you can adjust the beams so they point more to the left (oppose to right for LHD)

301 - 320 of 524 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.