VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need help.
I have a problem with my car.
I let my car for 1 year and something in yard.
2 month ago, I tried to start it but it doesn’t has battery, I gived to the car energy from other car by some cables special. And it started without problems.
Today, I tried to start the engine and without successful. I bought a new battery, I plugged it and it doesn’t worked and the key was remained stuck in it, after few tries I get it off. I unplugged the small battery from right, the starter battery and I tried to plugged it back, and the engine want to start without key in it. What is the problem, what I have to do ? It’s possible to be the problem from starter battery ? It’s working light and radio but without sound.

·
Registered
2010 (59 Plate) 3.0l Phaeton
37 Posts
Maybe swap the batteries over? During Covid, I left my car for 3 months and it was dead with no power at all. As I sat in the car thinking of the worst (keys in ignition) after a minute the car woke up.
Cannot find anything about this but it did happen...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe swap the batteries over? During Covid, I left my car for 3 months and it was dead with no power at all. As I sat in the car thinking of the worst (keys in ignition) after a minute the car woke up.
Cannot find anything about this but it did happen...
I changed the small battery, the starter battery with other, from a VW Touran 2005. And same, I put the second cable on battery and the engine want to start without key in it

·
Registered
657 Posts
What i have to do in this situation?
You have to investigate the kessy. It's located under the driver footwell, or left footwell.
Use a VCDS to try to talk to it.
Check the floor carpet for water or moisture. You can remove the plugs under the floor, and see if any water comes out.
Next is to remove the left seat and lift the carpet all the way to the metal floor.
This probably need a new kessy, or a used one that you can marrie into your P.
Wiken

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
You might find the carpet is wet. You should also check the sunroof drains under the plenum. There's a link to what to check in the FAQ section of the forum.

How long was the starter motor running? If it was running for a while, it may have burnt itself out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might find the carpet is wet. You should also check the sunroof drains under the plenum. There's a link to what to check in the FAQ section of the forum.

How long was the starter motor running? If it was running for a while, it may have burnt itself out.
And what i have to do with starter battery from trunk right side? I haven’t plugged it back.
It will start without that battery plugged in ?

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.