VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on comments made in this thread, I've decided to conduct 3 simple polls regarding member satisfaction with VW. They are:
  1. Your satisfaction with your vehicle
  2. Your satisfaction with your dealershipYour satisfaction with VWoA

This is Poll #3. Overall, are you happy with how VWoA has treated you?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: VW Satisfaction Poll #3: Your experience with VWoA (LangsamKafer)

quote:[HR][/HR]...and if you haven't had to deal with VWoA personally yet? No vote then.[HR][/HR]​
Quite right http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Get Off My Lawn!!!
29,544 Posts
Re: VW Satisfaction Poll #3: Your experience with VWoA (Helicon Twist)

My only personal peeve with VWoA has to do with the fact that I never received a followup survey from them after I purchased our '00 Golf TDI in June of '00. I really wanted to compliment them, but they wouldn't extend me the opportunity.
The people with complaints get polled and questionaired and followed-up up the wahzoo. Me, the ONE happy customer VWoA has apparently produced in the past several years, is ignored.
Go figger.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Re: VW Satisfaction Poll #3: Your experience with VWoA (vwlarry)

No follow up survey on buying this vehicle and on my last vehilce they blamed the failure of the hydraulic brake system on aftermarket rotors and pads and told me if I had a problem with the dealers work that I should sue them.
This rates a BIG http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif from me.

·
Registered
901 Posts

Disapointed that they're 1st option was to buy the car back rather than fulfill responsibility, http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for changing their mind once we had a face-to-face meeting.
Matt

·
Registered
594 Posts

I have had direct contact with VWOA on multiple occasions. I voted based on my experiences -- completely unsatisfactory.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Well, if VWoA includes VW Credit than no, since they pulled some illegal stuff with me. I'd never buy a new VW because of the way VW Credit is run.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts

I still haven't forgiven them for my self machining trans, which was a wide spread problem they knew about, yet there were no service advisories. They also stonewalled me all the way to the top. After I spent about $1400 to fix the problem, they offered me a $500 discount on a new GTI.
Nein Danke !

·
Registered
41 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] Overall, are you happy with how VWoA has treated you? [HR][/HR]​
Definitely Not!
We are right now waiting for our refund of a 2002 Weekender Lemon. We were helped somewhat by the dealer, but VoA was no help! They are either incompetent or try to fool you or just don't care. The vehicle has been a nightmare for a year. And trying to get VW to recognize it as a Lemon has been difficult. Thanks to The Wisconsin Lemon Law we are getting the refund. I will never trust VW again and never buy VW again. We are looking into a Sprinter as a replacement.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Re: VW Satisfaction Poll #3: Your experience with VWoA (SleeplessinMilwaukee)

I went to the dealer for a car show once

I have no problems w/ vwoa....but then I again I try to own vws that are at least ten years old and have over a 100k, they usally have all those pesky bugs worked out by then

·
Banned
13,061 Posts

Poor advice example...
Question: When a new car only has 3000 miles driven in the first year of ownership, what should be done about oil changes?
After all the talk about waiting until ~5K miles for the first oil change, I disagreed with their "every 6 months or 6K miles" advice. Hey, it's not their car is it? Changed it after 5K miles (18 month old oil was just fine per the analysis).
Hire more technical people not those who would insult a customers intelligence.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Re: VW Satisfaction Poll #3: Your experience with VWoA (LangsamKafer)

quote:[HR][/HR]...and if you haven't had to deal with VWoA personally yet? No vote then.[HR][/HR]​
Would letters to VWoA about VW products count? I've written to them asking them to bring Volkswagen's other models (Polo, et. al.) to North America, and though they're not ready to do so, they've always been prompt and courteous in their replies.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: VW Satisfaction Poll #3: Your experience with VWoA (Steven Maginnis)

This post is more for those seeking VWoA's assistance with problems they've encountered. But I guess nonresponsiveness to product inquiries also counts http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
214 Posts

Hell NO.
Lame and useless. All they can answer is to read back your own owners manual to you.
You complain about a problem that has happend, say TWICE and they say 'its not happening on enough cars to classify it as a flaw we need to address' and send you a nice ball point pen instead. Never mind the friggen $70 rear hatch plate that has the lock keep breaking out of it because they attatch the LOCK button to the plate frame by screwing into PLASTIC towers so that pressing it repeatedly over many years WILL snap the plastic towers as the plastic ages and gets brittle. Oh, and the $80 on top to paint the friggen thing to match my car again.
VWoA are DILLHOLES.
Same dips that will not import a 5 cylinder or a 4(5)door with a top power engine (ie GTI'esque).

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I'll chime in with one more gripe: VWoA are cheapskates! My dealer had the car for an entire day (8-5, when the techs are there) for various warranty issues. Meaning, I had to rent a car (because, of course, the dealer had no loaners
). Normally, VWoA would reimburse me $25 per day for rental costs (never mind that with CDW insurance, a compact costs ~$45/day).
But, because the dealer didn't have the car overnight, I'm not eligible for a reimbursement

And to add insult to injury, they put me on hold for 10 minutes just to tell me this
I promptly called them an unsurprisingly worthless pack of cheapskates and hung up the phone http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

1 - 20 of 25 Posts