VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized GTI 1.9% APR is set to expire tomorrow. I am still a couple months out from the end of my current lease so I am not exactly ready to buy today. Does anybody know historically what VW has done on special financing for the GTI's? Do they usually do another offer in the spring time? What is the normal rate when this expires? Someone plz help I am stressing out here. Thx.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I'm not sure when they put another rate together but I always see specials going on in the summer months. They should put out specials to move the rest of the 2011's before the 2012's hit the lots at the end of the summer. I hope this helps, maybe one of the sales guys can jump in and help out with this one.

·
Registered
62 Posts
To be fair, I think it also expired at the end of January and they reupped it for another month. I was bummed when I saw the January 31 expiration date last month, but the deal was still valid when I bought my car this month.

I think they're trying to keep rates low to sell cars until the economy picks up, at which case they'll get rid of the deal again. No guarantees, but it is possible that they'll extend it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just realized GTI 1.9% APR is set to expire tomorrow. I am still a couple months out from the end of my current lease so I am not exactly ready to buy today. Does anybody know historically what VW has done on special financing for the GTI's? Do they usually do another offer in the spring time? What is the normal rate when this expires? Someone plz help I am stressing out here. Thx.
I don't know much about leasing but can't you sign the lease tomorrow dated for tomorrow with delivery of the car mid-May ?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be fair, I think it also expired at the end of January and they reupped it for another month. I was bummed when I saw the January 31 expiration date last month, but the deal was still valid when I bought my car this month.

I think they're trying to keep rates low to sell cars until the economy picks up, at which case they'll get rid of the deal again. No guarantees, but it is possible that they'll extend it.
Yes this is what I am hoping they will do.

Have you talked to your dealer about pulling ahead out of the lease? Sometimes VW/Audi will let you out a few months early if you're buying another car with them. I had this done a few years back when I leased a Mk4.
My lease is with BMW not VW. If it was I would have already done that. :(

I don't know much about leasing but can't you sign the lease tomorrow dated for tomorrow with delivery of the car mid-May ?
I am looking to buy this time. But that sounds like an option. Maybe I will stop in tomorrow and chat with the salesman.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.