VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I get them? I went to my local dealer and them told me they can't get them. I need like three of them. Help guys I need to order these soon.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: VW special tools (92foxrox)

And did you go to the parts counter? Of course you can get them. You just have to ask for them by tool#.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: VW special tools (citat3962)

I mostly need the tool to hold the flywheel and pressure plate still for an 8v. I'm trying to get my car back together before they yank my lisence. I really want to try and drive it before then. The clutch alignment tool is the other one. can't remember the third.
Tynnans VW's parts manager told me "uhhh we don't even order those anymore....you can get them from this place in New Jersey.
Let me know if there are any good places to buy my tools dude was vague and didn't give me a number.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts

Lame. Alright, try giving Pottermans a call, I bet they can hook you up. The clutch alignment tool is available everywhere that sells clutches normally. The lock I know I've seen on one of the common VW sites for like 15.
*edit: oh yeah, you could also just try calling VWoA.

[Modified by negativl, 1:25 AM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: VW special tools (negativl)

BLIN BLING
they think we VW owners struck oil or something!!! $40 for that little piece of metal......by the time I ship it next day air because I'm impatient it'll be $60!!!!!!! well I guess they've defeated me.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts

ya know, you could buy an oxy-acetylene torch and some scrap steel for that.

wouldn't have oxy or acetylene to use it at that price, but hey...

*edit: seriously, you can buy a piece of scrap square stock, and drill the hole out. it's really not that complicated...

[Modified by negativl, 3:49 AM 4-10-2002]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.