VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a 2005 VR6 touareg… The vehicle is a tank but I’m having this issue where when I turn the car on it seems like my abs is locking up like when you skid over ice and I can’t drive. It’s happened a couple times this weekend now and went away but last night it was pretty mangled. Skidding in front end and it stops me from driving. Any help would be appreciated here’s some photos
Speedometer Vehicle Tachometer Gauge Trip computer

The lights were on in this photo but car stopped skidding.. I feel like it’s a sensor / communication thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you have warning lights on, then something has failed. That orange icon is the traction control or the hill descent control icon.
I would check brake fluid condition and level first just to rule out air in the lines, then move onto electrical testing.
Most of those systems rely on the speed sensors and rings on the axle/wheel bearings. I can say that a cheap speed sensor will screw up lots of systems on these AWD drivetrains.
Look for a speed sensor error in a scan.
Then check the condition of the sensor rings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.