VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
20,495 Posts
191 is a mk2 part number, and it looks like a douche bag.
-j

· Registered
20,495 Posts

· Registered
9,027 Posts
Re: VW water pouch? (Only8v)

My ETKA tells me it's a water collector for the fueling system on a MkII Diesel. doesn't tell me where in the car it goes though. my guess would be off of the fuel filter somewhere tucked away in the fender.

Modified by SKIDMRK at 11:21 PM 3-18-2008

· Registered
2,883 Posts
Re: VW water pouch? (SKIDMRK)

It is a receptacle for draining the fuel system water trap on Mk 2 diesels. The water trap was accessed just in front of the right rear wheel under the car. You plug that bag onto the trap valve, then open the valve to drain out any accumulated water (to prevent environmental contamination). I think I've still got 2 or 3 around from past cars.

· Banned
855 Posts
Re: VW water pouch? (stewardc)

Quote, originally posted by stewardc »
It is a receptacle for draining the fuel system water trap on Mk 2 diesels. The water trap was accessed just in front of the right rear wheel under the car. You plug that bag onto the trap valve, then open the valve to drain out any accumulated water (to prevent environmental contamination). I think I've still got 2 or 3 around from past cars.

he's rite. i've got me one of them bags too. It came out of my '85 jetta diesel. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.