VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 888 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't actually received my car yet but I'm starting the build thread none the less;)

Back History:
I used to drive a 1997 Vortech Supercharged Mk3 GTi VR6 "Back in the Day". I bought it brand new and sold it in 2003 after getting married, buying a house, blah blah....

Here it is in it's 272HP glory...LOL

Current Day:
I purchased a 2016 Golf-R base DSG from Kansas being shipped to me now.

Here it is getting loaded on the truck this pass Wednesday 5/25/2016:

Recent state of things:

List of Mods:

- BC Forged HCS04S Wheels 19x8.5 (ET45 Front, ET40 Rear)
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 235/35-19​
- Titan7 T-S5 18x8.5 ET44
Toyo R888R 235/40-18​
- Advan Racing TC-4 18x8.5 ET45
235/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S​
- Equilibrium Tuning EQT Vortex Turbo
- Cobb Protuned by 5150 Racing Full e85
- Cobb TCU tuned by 5150 Racing
- Autotech HPFP
- 525 Walbro LPFP
- OEM MPI fuel rail w/ 925cc injectors
- Precision Racing MPI harness
- AEM 3.5 bar map sensor and 4 bar Bosch
- Torqbyte PM4 Fuel Controller
- AWE Catted Downpipe w/ resonator
- APR Catback w/ AWE SwitchPath remote
- Air Lift 3H Management w/ Performance Series bags
- Accuair Endo 5-gallon air tank
- Dual Viair 444c Compressors
- BFI Stage-1 Motor and Trans Mounts
- HPA Dogbone Mount
- SuperPro 24mm Rear Sway Bar
- Kartboy End Links
- ECS Adjustable Front End Links
- VWR R600 Intake w/ MST Air Filter conversion
- MST Hybrid Inlet Pipe
- Euro Sun Visors
- Euro Rear Headrests
- Black Forest Industries Leather Air DSG Shift Knob
- Mk7.5 Facelift LED tail lights
- Auto Folding Mirrors
- APR Mechanical boost gauge w/ APR vent mount
- MRG Titanium Stud Conversion
- Neuspeed 6-Pistion Brake Calipers w/ iSweep IS1500 pads
- Neuspeed 370mm Full Floating 2-piece Front Rotors
- ECS 2-Piece Rear Rotors
- ECS Boost Tap
- Eurocode Front Chassis Bars
- VW HomeLink rearview mirror
- Maxton Rear Spoiler Extension
- Leyo Billet Aluminum Knobs
- 8" Discovery Pro Display
- Legit Speed Designs Custom Front License Plate Bracket
- Spulen PCV plate with ECS catch can
- iSweep Front Splitter
- SRS-tec Wide Front Fenders

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....it was a toss up between coilovers w/ camber plates or coilovers w/ the LCA's. I just wanted slightly more camber in the front but didn't really want the extra noise from a camber plate so I went with the LCA's.

I most likely won't be tracking the car much, goal is a slightly aggressive canyon carver that looks fast standing still:)

·
Registered
8,679 Posts
Well....it was a toss up between coilovers w/ camber plates or coilovers w/ the LCA's. I just wanted slightly more camber in the front but didn't really want the extra noise from a camber plate so I went with the LCA's.

I most likely won't be tracking the car much, goal is a slightly aggressive canyon carver that looks fast standing still:)
You won't get much camber with the LCAs... I have -1.25 with mine. YOu will however get a ton of caster.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Congratulations on your purchase. Mine will be shipped cross country by end of next week and I can hardly wait; I know you must be chomping at the bit for it to arrive.

Look forward to seeing what you do with the car.
Supposedly my truck driver is up in Long Beach right now. There is a small chance I'll get it tonight!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More unboxing.. Lug nuts, ESC jack kit, 3x Oil Filters, and a oil extractor.

Took the car out this morning for the formal test drive..All I can say is I am very happy! I just love the aggressive downshifting of the DSG in race-mode. I wasn't expecting that at all. I feel like a superhero when I get the DSG to fart;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Can't install this until I get my car SMOG'ed and Inspected @ the DMV;) All in good time, gives me a chance to drive the car stock so I can tell if I'm making the car better or worst with these mods.

If i may ask..how much was your shipping from Kansas to san diego..if possible the link....Im in Arizona and also looking for a Gti DAP...or R Dap ...pretty hard to find ..thank always Tony

·
Registered
47 Posts
f i may ask..how much was your shipping from Kansas to san diego..if possible the link....Im in Arizona and also looking for a Gti DAP...or R Dap ...pretty hard to find ..thank always Tony

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
f i may ask..how much was your shipping from Kansas to san diego..if possible the link....Im in Arizona and also looking for a Gti DAP...or R Dap ...pretty hard to find ..thank always Tony
$719 Total. $199 down and $520 at delivery. This was for door-to-door service which means to the last street a big ass truck can turn around in without getting stuck.

You can generate quotes from their website: https://www.montway.com/
Uship reviews: http://www.uship.com/profile/Montway/ (*but order directly with them for a better price)
*I think Montway is just a dispatch service though the actual driver worked for Sonny Transport LLC

My experience:
- ordered on 5/20 and requested pickup on 5/24.
- They picked it up on 5/25
- Delivered on 5/29 @ 12:02 AM
- You get 2 email notifications, but you have to call the driver to schedule the actual delivery.
1. When your driver gets dispatched
2. When the car gets picked up and a estimate delivery date. This includes the drivers name and phone number.

1 - 20 of 888 Posts