VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this while searching on google, a few posts on here that mention the site but they're scattered about. Figured I'd post it for those of us who like to use the search on vortex and actually receive results lol:
VWDieselParts.com
They seems to have fair prices, good tutorials on how to do a lot of things, and claim to offer free "tech support", actually e-mailed them over a question I had just now...

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
That site has been around for years. I found it back in '97 or '98 when I was in college. I asked the guy a few questions, bought a few parts from him for my Rabbit. But when I asked him about a part that he didn't sell but JC Whitney had, he told me I was stupid for asking him about someone else's product and that I was waisting my money on a college education. Had he sold the part, I would have bought it from him, but after that comment I never sent him another penny.
Between the Diesel forums here and on tdiclub, there's a lot of good Diesel information. vwdieselparts is still geared pretty much toward the older generations, from what I've seen.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (OttoSchultz)

Quote, originally posted by OttoSchultz »
But when I asked him about a part that he didn't sell but JC Whitney had, he told me I was stupid for asking him about someone else's product and that I was waisting my money on a college education.

What?! I would have flipped out on the guy.
But thanks for that tip, I'll keep an eye out on those other sites for info too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts