VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I built one. Just waiting for the shell to be completed.

Very nice! That looks like it came out great! How did you build the towers and how tall are they? And the supports are aluminum I'm assuming for weight?

And OT, but do you work for a transmission rebuilder? Looks like one of the transmission holding fixtures I used back when I worked at a trans. shop. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Very nice! That looks like it came out great! How did you build the towers and how tall are they? And the supports are aluminum I'm assuming for weight?

And OT, but do you work for a transmission rebuilder? Looks like one of the transmission holding fixtures I used back when I worked at a trans. shop. :thumbup:
Thanks man. I finished this part of the project a while back but I believe the towers were about 4". My hope is that the aluminum supports will be lighter. I am a little concerned that the threads I cut inside them might not hold but we'll see. If there is any issues I can fab some steel supports without too much trouble.

I own an import shop www.germanautoltd.com. That fixture is actually used for a strut holding tool.

Here are some more pics just for fun.

·
Registered
22,394 Posts
How do you like that fuel cell?'what are your measurements and Henry for the rear bar? Have you tracked it?

·
Registered
22,394 Posts
I'm running an old vwms 31mm solid rear sway but would like to do this

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
How do you like that fuel cell?'what are your measurements and Henry for the rear bar? Have you tracked it?
The car is still a work in progress so I don't have much feedback yet. The tank seems to be of good quality.

I don't have any drawings for the bar setup anymore. If there is a specific dimension you had in mind I could check it for you.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts