VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, some good news on here
I think I'm going to look at the new GTI 1.8T, 5-spd.
Any comments, suggestions??? I'm definitely going to see if it has the updated coil packs

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Re: VWoA agreed to re-purchase my Jetta (lsinlv)

1.8t is SICK.... i'm not that surprised they bought it back... I think i voted that they might. good luck to ya

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: VWoA agreed to re-purchase my Jetta (lsinlv)

I'm a 1st-time VW buyer and bought the $27K 2002 Jetta GLX. I've had the car for 8 months (7500 miles) and it's been at the dealership for more than 30 days due to coil pack failures.
To add insult to injury, VWoA didn't have that many VR6 "d" coils to supply the dealers with, sooooo that meant long down times. In fact, I was the only VR6 in my area to experience any coil failures (according to the 2 local dealerships).
I think they felt my frustration and decided to buy it back.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: VWoA agreed to re-purchase my Jetta (mattdesmond)

quote:[HR][/HR]Damn, buy another brand! Why would you get another dub when you got VW to buy your other one back???
[HR][/HR]​
I still may do that.

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: VWoA agreed to re-purchase my Jetta (rideWFO)

I just had my "c" coil packs go out, and got it covered under warranty. I'm suprised they didn't send a new one from germany?! They could have pulled one from their production line stock?! that would have been cheaper than buying your car back.
Wierd? BTW - I thought that all of the 2002=2003 coilpacks were "modular", you know, 2 duals for a 4 cyl, 3 duals for a 6 cyl, and 4 duals for the W8?? That way they were stocking only one part number, and each car would use either 2, 3, or 4 packs depending on engine?
Don't have the new EKTA, just figured that's how they were doing it.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
4,393 Posts

If I was in your position I would look at these other cars:
WRX
Mercedes C230 Kompressor
Mini Cooper S
maybe even a mustang GT.
Ford was really good to me when I owned a focus, no hassle over mods. And I was only 19.
I love my GTI, I wouldn't get rid of at this point, but if I had to start over I'd look at the options available now.
If you want to stay in the family see if you can hold out for the 20th!
My GTI's been great though. I'm on original coils, but I've had to replace the window regulators.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: VWoA agreed to re-purchase my Jetta (mattdesmond)

quote:[HR][/HR]Damn, buy another brand! Why would you get another dub when you got VW to buy your other one back???
[HR][/HR]​
exactly!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Re: VWoA agreed to re-purchase my Jetta (samc)

If I were you and had $27k to spend on a car I'd get a Maxima, I don't know what it is about those things but I like them...maybe it's the 255hp 6spd, or just the feel when you get inside. Seems like you can get more car for $27k than a Jetta.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts

Can I ask if they made a first offer?
Reason I ask is that I was called about my Coil failures and I had asked if they would buy it back or swap me with a TDI because I've had 5 Coils replaced, and now $400 in non warranty work plus now some problem in my door now that should cost a couple hundred. I do have the 2nd gear grind in colder weather but have never taken it in because I'm tired of being without my dub, add to that an accident that required painting twice and still a misaligned bumper and valence that is not on right. Oh my armrest is broken too.
Their offer is 1 month car payment and $400 to cover my out of warranty repairs, I said I'd think about it. I will check into my lemon law coverage but all in all I just want a working car that I trust.
quote:[HR][/HR]I'm a 1st-time VW buyer and bought the $27K 2002 Jetta GLX. I've had the car for 8 months (7500 miles) and it's been at the dealership for more than 30 days due to coil pack failures.
To add insult to injury, VWoA didn't have that many VR6 "d" coils to supply the dealers with, sooooo that meant long down times. In fact, I was the only VR6 in my area to experience any coil failures (according to the 2 local dealerships).
I think they felt my frustration and decided to buy it back.
[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: VWoA agreed to re-purchase my Jetta (Ferris Buehler)

quote:[HR][/HR]Can I ask if they made a first offer?[HR][/HR]​
I am waiting for the offer letter to arrive in the mail. If I have the option to just get my money back, I am looking at the following cars (I have to have an automatic and 4 doors).
1. Acura TL Type-S (power, reliability, features, styling)
2. Mazda 6 (styling, power, reliability)
3. Honda Accord EX-V6 (had a '98 and liked it, power, reliability, features)

·
Registered
2,841 Posts

Good for you. It's nice to hear someone is victorious every now and then!
If your local dealer can't properly maintain/repair the product, why would anyone EVER consider purchasing another one
Isn't this kind of a "common sense" thing?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.