VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to anyone in VWoT or anyone interested in joining.
I'm trying to see if there is any interest in organizing a meet to celebrate the 3rd B-Day of VWoT.
The preliminary date is either Saturday October 20th or Sunday the 21st.
We need a huge VWoT turnout.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Re: VWoT 3rd Anniversary Meet (The Red Baron)

Did you say turnout or burnout????
I'm in for both.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

sunday is better for jay and i. we can't make the saturday.
maybe this time we should make reservations at kelseys http://****************.com/smile/emsmile.gif

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: VWoT 3rd Anniversary Meet (mk1gti girl)

contact me when a place and time are going to happen....I will probably show up for it...
[email protected]
allie knows me sort of(I am andrews friend who bought his blue rabbit)

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

alright, I guess we'll do it Sunday, that way I won't have to take the day off of work.

·
Registered
487 Posts

Hey Guys...
yeah sunday would be better...I am sure for alot of people...not so many have to work that day yeah kelseys sounds great. I am sure we could have a big turnout for this. Sofar that day in October is ok for me....
We should make a list to who's going...when the date gets closer.
Count me in. wether or not the Corrado is stored..I'll bring my 87 civic 4door with typeR swap...just kidding..actually it is a 12v.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]alright, I guess we'll do it Sunday, that way I won't have to take the day off of work.[HR][/HR]​
Sunday works for me too.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Where?

Where is the meet planned? I live near Peterborough, which is like 2 hours from toronto, so the closer, the better. Not to say that some other people won't have to drive far too! I will need directions, cause I don't know my way around the GTA worth crap!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Re: VWoT 3rd Anniversary Meet (RAD GTI)

One of these days I'll get to convice you guys to have it on a SATURDAY!! I work every Sunday....

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: VWoT 3rd Anniversary Meet (RAD GTI)

well for the last two years we have had the anniversary meeting at the kelseys in brampton...we have met there with the audi club as well.....i don't remember the exact address..but there was also an industrial complex near by

it has always been a fun place..and they have always accomodated us when we show up with 20+ people.....

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

yeah, Kelseys was good, and I have no problems goingthere BUT I'd like to do it while my car is still out. Last year it was bitterly cold and many of us had put our babies to bed for the winter.
BTW, Alee are you coming out tonite?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts

So are we gonna set a time or what??? Let's get cracking people Sunday is around the corner if you know what I mean otherwise I'm gonna make plans for fishing. Anyone go river fishing the Georgian Bay area lately?
Joe I need the lower steering column bracket if that is convenient with you after the long weekend. L8r!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: VWoT 3rd Anniversary Meet (GTI_Andy)

the date is set.....OCT. 21.........time???
it's going to be at the caseys (sorry i kept calling it kelseys) in brampton...it's at steeles and the 410......on the south side of steeles just west of the 410.......

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: VWoT 3rd Anniversary Meet (the_mad_bastard)

OK, finally some one has decided on a date. So the 21st is a Sunday, I say we meet up around....ohhh...noonish-1:00pm. That way we can meet and chill (literally, it will probably be cold) for a while then get some grub, then cruise around in the afternoon early evening.
Sound good?
I'll check and see what all of the non-Vortex VWoT'ers think.
OH, maybe we should hit up the go-karts before or after we eat!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by The Red Baron, 6:30 PM 9-3-2001]

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

i think that 1 sounds cool.....
maybe we could meet at caseys...then go go-carting....and then go back to caseys for grub.....and anyone left at the end can go for a cruise....

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts

I think I'll try and schedule this one off work.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Anyone can come to this GTG? I'm new to VWvortex, and didnt realize a club existed in Toronto. What do you do at these GTG's? Race, Cruise sit and stare at the cars while consuming many
's?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: VWoT 3rd Anniversary Meet (Chicklet of Death)

everyone is welcome......we usualy meet up, and talk cars for a while, get some food and then go for a spirited drive......of course we always obey all traffic laws
hehe
so come on out....it's always great to meet more toronto vw nuts

1 - 20 of 58 Posts