VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
3,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by: Katherine Helmetag (atomicalex)
I get it every time. “I wish my GF/wife/SO was like you!” No. You don’t. I am a car chick, and you don’t want to be attached to a car chick. You want to run. Far, far away. And I am going to tell you why it sucks to be married to me.
Full Story...

· Registered
2,347 Posts
Re: (shftat6)

EDIT: I had forgot.. I actually contributed to the original article. I remember her iming me over Vortex asking to quote me

My last girlfriend owned a FD RX-7, a 3 rotor RX-7 and was seated on the Nasa North East council. Let me say one thing.. I’ll never date another ‘car chick’ again. First off all, in the summer every weekend she had an autox where every guy would drool over her. Every car meet we went to a couple guys would try to give her their number, every time we went to a shop she’d get special treatment and they’d try to abandon me in the lobby to usher her into the auto bays. I hated it, it drove me nuts. No matter how good a driver I was she’d always try to throw it in my face that she was better. Oh, and how fun is it to hear that your girlfriends only friends are 15 single autox guys who would hop on anything that even closely resembled a female.
Everyone wants to date the ‘car chick’.. then they realize how much it sucks. Next girl I date isn't going to notice the difference between a dsg and a manual.
Rule #1

Modified by rotaeven at 7:38 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
5,226 Posts
Quote »
Thanks to the unnamed guys who contributed to this…

HILARIOUS!

Edit to add: I'm married to a VERY patient non-car enthusiast non-car guy. He's very "confident in his manhood" and even jokes with people that's he's all about the cup holders and toys only.

Modified by LelloBeetle at 9:44 PM 9-13-2005

· Registered
2,795 Posts
Re: (13minutes)

Quote, originally posted by 13minutes »

I don't know, it sounds like she has other issues that pertain to more than just her status as a car enthusiast.
That's just my take..

x2

sounds like she might need a woman in her life to calm her down... (i understand the article was written that way on purpose, all tough and what not, i'm just playin... kinda)
i give her a http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for having knowledge on something she likes though

· Registered
9,144 Posts

I don't know, it sounds like she has other issues that pertain to more than just her status as a car enthusiast.
That's just my take..

LOL, yeah I agree...especially with the sharing of the tools, I mean, c'mon. It's not like your spouse is another tool-pilfering grease monkey at work, you live with him, damn it!

Good and eye-opening article, nonetheless http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,951 Posts
Re:

I too once dated a car chick like that... although she was still feminine despite her more superior knowledge than mine on RB26DETT motors, the one thing I hated about her is the way she looked at me like one of my more traumatic ex-gf's. I wish I was still talking to her.

· Registered
2022 Lexus GX460 | 2010 Lexus LX570 | 1973 IH Scout
15,937 Posts

That's just my take..

I concur. None of those sound like car specific issues . . .
I've dated a girl who loves to drive and loves cars in general, I never had any of those problems.

· Banned
4,626 Posts
Re: VWvortex - Guest Opinion: Top Ten Reasons Never To Marry A Car Chick ([email protected])

That chick has other issues, like maybe she wishes she has a *****.
I'm a car guy but I'll always choose a chick over a car, hands down, no contest. I would expect that there are a bunch of car chicks out there that have a similar attitude. If you can't put your significant other ahead of material possessions then you're either with the wrong person or need some serious therapy sessions. Part of a healthy relationship is the absence of the need to prove the other person wrong all of the time.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.