VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading through FAQ's and write ups on a bunch of topics and time after time images end up not loading due to a website going down. What about creating a simple image hosting service for VWvortex.com so that the only way the images will ever be lost is if the whole site goes down which means we wouldn't need the images anyway.
A simple image uploading widget that compressed and resized an image to around sub 200kb pretty easily which could give you storage for around 5,000+ images pretty easily. Doing so would add value to the website by keeping guides and content hosted here at VWvortex which would keep people here viewing more pages which possibly means more chances for your sponsors to make an impression on the users here.

·
Registered
28,954 Posts
Re: VWvortex Image Hosting (itsmeee)

There are just too many users that would host images here. Dead pictures in the forums suck, I agree, but thats what we've got to work with.
Its been discussed in the past, but its just too much to moderate, host, and keep up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks but I can see your point.
If the mods ever want to take a look at the problem again I'd be happy to help with the brainstorming an implementation to work around those requirements. Till then, cheers

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Re: (TDi Surfer)

Quote, originally posted by TDi Surfer »
what about re-hosting images that are in a diy, or other post, that has been added to a FAQ

I believe VMG does have a separate hosting account for threads like this (if they are worthwhile)
Send Anthony or Stephen a PM. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.