VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
13,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wörthersee pics 2012

here are the first pics from the see in austria the meeting before the official meeting ;)

·
Registered
11,596 Posts
Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Would love to go some time.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
That red R8 spyder with the black wheels looks good.

At first when i read the title i thought it was the u.s. event. I think the u.s. event is next weekend ?

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Is it just me or.....

...am I seeing more and more bling and airbrushed nonsense? Impressive work, but style-wise I always looked to Worthersee as the epitome of the euro-look. Is the euro-look changing? Hopefully it is just the choice of photos and not representative of the overall trend.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Is it just me or.....

...am I seeing more and more bling and airbrushed nonsense? Impressive work, but style-wise I always looked to Worthersee as the epitome of the euro-look. Is the euro-look changing? Hopefully it is just the choice of photos and not representative of the overall trend.
This has been happening in Germany and Holland since at least 2004. It's so gross. I was in Germany in '04 and I was excited to buy a bunch of Vw mags, and they were full of billet, airbrushing, and other crap like that. :(

·
Registered
12,551 Posts
This has been happening in Germany and Holland since at least 2004. It's so gross.
+1 that's the problem with always trying to separate yourself from the herd. Often people go too far and turn their cars into crap just to be different. I much prefer the clean, race-inspired Euro look of the 1990s.

·
33,221 Posts
hey Brandon.....someone stole your idea.....

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I had no idea color blindness was so prevalent in Austria.

·
Registered
A6 3.0T, A3 etron
9,186 Posts
can not un(worther)see.

Some of these are really nice but once you've seen one wagon bagged on purple/pink/chrome 24" rims you've seen enough.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
+1 that's the problem with always trying to separate yourself from the herd. Often people go too far and turn their cars into crap just to be different. I much prefer the clean, race-inspired Euro look of the 1990s.
Yep, I miss seeing nice mk2's on Compomotives, but if you are talking about showcars, styles get boring and you have to try new things.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Is it just me or.....

Agreed! :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is it just me or.....

it looks always like this and a with bit newer things, a lot here in europe they try to do like you us guys..

No close-up of the Clio V6? :(

some more

·
Registered
15,993 Posts
europe has a way of impressing me

as well as confusing the **** outta me

:sly:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts