VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is posted under the W8 engine hoping someone with more forum knowledge may direct me to suitable forums.

We own a 2003 W8 Passat Wagon (165k miles). I am trying to locate someone who may be willing to sell us the W8 lettering off the front grill, or possibly the entire grill itself.
Someone walked off with the unique lettering and none of the custom lettering companies will touch making a new set because of the copyright issues.
The car is running great (perhaps surprisingly to some) and my wife is so bummed; really loving this car. It would be a nice stocking-stuffer for Christmas.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Curtis

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Takeo,

Wow, I appreciate your reply. Very spendy option but it's good to know there may be a couple remaining in the world. May be a lot better then the other path of creating a mold off the rear W8 logo and making it myself!
Thank you -crtolson

·
Registered
505 Posts
This is posted under the W8 engine hoping someone with more forum knowledge may direct me to suitable forums.

We own a 2003 W8 Passat Wagon (165k miles). I am trying to locate someone who may be willing to sell us the W8 lettering off the front grill, or possibly the entire grill itself.
Someone walked off with the unique lettering and none of the custom lettering companies will touch making a new set because of the copyright issues.
The car is running great (perhaps surprisingly to some) and my wife is so bummed; really loving this car. It would be a nice stocking-stuffer for Christmas.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you so much.
Curtis
Hello again Curtis,

I just found this listing on ebay for the grill badge, as well as the "W8" letters from the trunk. It is $25 with free shipping!! Just wanted to let you know...

Best,
Takeo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again Curtis,

I just found this listing on ebay for the grill badge, as well as the "W8" letters from the trunk. It is $25 with free shipping!! Just wanted to let you know...

Best,
Takeo
Takeo, I can't thank you enough! I grabbed them moments ago! My wife will be so happy and surprised!

I was just about to build a mold and try to recreate my own but 'chroming' plastic is not easy as you probably know.

Thank you for the help!
Best regards,
Curtis

·
Registered
505 Posts
Takeo, I can't thank you enough! I grabbed them moments ago! My wife will be so happy and surprised!

I was just about to build a mold and try to recreate my own but 'chroming' plastic is not easy as you probably know.

Thank you for the help!
Best regards,
Curtis
Glad I could help...we W8 owners need to stick together! :) Parts can be hard to find anymore.

Best,
Takeo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts