VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: W8 in the Golf V? (Gov_E)

Yeah hey do look like the BMW rims, must be 5x100 bolt pattern though. Not sure what BMW uses, perhaps 5x112 like my audi.
A W8 golf is never going to make it mainstream, who wants a 350 HP FWD golf stock???? Um, except the enthusiasts!!! But, we'd jsut make one from a crashed W8 down the line. It might happen to one or two, for production mockups, or because a Vortexer really wanted an 8 cylinder in their golf.
Plus why make a 4 door W8 golf???
Would it even fit?? Probably not, the vr6 just does. Cut the fenders and frame; leave it exposed damnit!!

[Modified by moonturban, 3:35 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: W8 in the Golf V? (moonturban)

Hey guys, the W8 has 275 HP not 300 or 350. I don't think that's terribly unreasonable to put in a Golf, especially with 4Motion.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: W8 in the Golf V? (dangonay)

4 motion would be a MUST on a W8 golf, and I think they can squeaze 300hp out of the W8 with no prob, but probably wouldn't in the golf, still 275hp, 271lbs of torque is not bad at all. It would make an autobahn dream, maybe not that much in 0-60 times but I bet the 0-120mph would be great as well as the 80-100 and 100-120 and why not the 120-150!!!
Then again myabe SEAT will put it in a LEON W8!!! since it is going to be the sporting brand of the bunch and not VW. I think a W8 LEON might be better than a golf W8, it would make a great corrado replacement.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Re: W8 in the Golf V? (moonturban)

The wheels are the same wheels from VW's Concept W12 coupe from last year:

Like I said earlier, since the pic of the golf looks like a Photoshop special, the wheels might not even exist for a Golf or any other VW for that matter. Too bad if you ask me, I think they'd look sweet on any VW!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: W8 in the Golf V? (vwfool2000)

If they stuff a W8 in a golf the price is sure to hit close to 30k. And only barely sqeezing 300hp out of it is not worth it to me. I love my golf, and im only praying that in the Mark V they will put a nice 3.2l v6 in it. If not, then I will have my eye on the Nissan 350Z. 3.2L V6 at 280hp, normally aspirated at that. ANd its under 30k base price.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts