VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
My guess would be as much as any other VR-orientated engine variation. The heat is already border line in n/a form, so heat may be more of a problem then strength.
Never liked the long exhaust ports through the VR-head for boosting purposes...

I do like the idea though!

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
the idea is cool, but the engine he had the idea for, is complete junk appearently..

how come VR6 engines are so good, yet the W engines were soo crappy?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
based on what. ive been doing comparisons on similar engines for like 2 weeks now and cant find anything distinctively conclusive.
WTF is similar to a W8 engine? ive never seen anything like it before, except for VR6s and W12's

and 10 psi sounds reasonable..

you asked what a STOCK engine was capable of..

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Is there room to turbo one? Im guessing you would need to do 2 of them?
And im no expert ant superchargers, but how would you supercharge a w8?

I think it would be far cheaper to put a 2.7t out of a s4 into a passat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the idea is cool, but the engine he had the idea for, is complete junk appearently..

how come VR6 engines are so good, yet the W engines were soo crappy?
The only thing thats actually wrong with the W8 motor is the screens that go to the cam adjusters. It was a nice to reduce particles from getting to the cams but eventually they break apart and "can" damage the motor. Although its usually not a total loss if you get some one to shock treat the cam adjusters.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
The only thing thats actually wrong with the W8 motor is the screens that go to the cam adjusters. It was a nice to reduce particles from getting to the cams but eventually they break apart and "can" damage the motor. Although its usually not a total loss if you get some one to shock treat the cam adjusters.
dont some of the V6s have chain tensioner issues too? well, most of them actually?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts