VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

3801 - 3820 of 3918 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
40K Maintenance

Can anybody help me with the 40K maintenance on my R32? I live in an apartment so I need somewhere to work on it. If not then I have to find a reputable shop. Anybody have a recommendation for a shop to do DSG, Haldex, etc..?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
hey, what you **** up to. I get rid of my car and now im a douche? I'm looking to buy a another one but not bc of you **** :laugh::heart::heart::heart:

I might end up moving back to texas but live in austin...

mike me likee the turbee under hoodee

·
Registered
59 Posts
40K stuff

DSG Fluid and Filter
Haldex and rear diff fluid
Spark Plugs
Fuel Filter
Brake Fluid
Oil
Air Filters
I'm sure I'm missing something else that I can't think of at the moment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Update

I have done some things in the parking lot. I'm waiting on better weather to attempt the DSG, Differential, Fuel Filter, and Brake Bleed.

Also, is the driver of black Golf that gave me the thumbs up on here? I was cruising down La Salle when I got it and he sped right by me. Usually people are trying to race me so it's nice to just get a thumbs up.

That reminds me, what's up with the drivers around here? Everybody drives aggressive. I have been purposely cut off twice where the driver accelerated to not let me in. Both times the driver was speeding, driving reckless, and just wanted to cut me off. Then the other day I pulled onto La Salle just as a truck was turning from the opposite side. Instead of slowing, he gassed it. Luckily for me, my car had more balls. He ended up looking pissed that he couldn't catch up. It's just crazy. You would think that people would act more civil because more than likely you are going to run into each other again.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Somebody on here has a black rabbit... Y'all need to come out one Friday night. 8pm let's do free birds this week. I'm getting tired of fuddruckers...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have done some things in the parking lot. I'm waiting on better weather to attempt the DSG, Differential, Fuel Filter, and Brake Bleed.

Also, is the driver of black Golf that gave me the thumbs up on here? I was cruising down La Salle when I got it and he sped right by me. Usually people are trying to race me so it's nice to just get a thumbs up.

That reminds me, what's up with the drivers around here? Everybody drives aggressive. I have been purposely cut off twice where the driver accelerated to not let me in. Both times the driver was speeding, driving reckless, and just wanted to cut me off. Then the other day I pulled onto La Salle just as a truck was turning from the opposite side. Instead of slowing, he gassed it. Luckily for me, my car had more balls. He ended up looking pissed that he couldn't catch up. It's just crazy. You would think that people would act more civil because more than likely you are going to run into each other again.
I have a lowered black Rabbit with a Yakima rack on it. It may have been me since I wave at pretty much every dub I see.

I have a driveway and plenty of tools but my driveway has a strip of grass running down the middle of it so it may not be ideal for some of the under-car stuff. I'd be willing to help anyway and I do have a jack and jackstands. I also have the Bentley book for the MKV Golf family if you need to use it.

Also, sorry, I'm one of those people who drives like an a--hole. I grew up near Boston so it's kind of my thing. But I at least try to be safe about it and not do dumb things.

Edit: Actually, it probably wasn't me since I'm not on that side of town very often.

3801 - 3820 of 3918 Posts