VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

3821 - 3840 of 3918 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a garage we can work in one weekend when it warms up. It's not clean but it's better than nothing. We need to have a gtg soon

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a lowered black Rabbit with a Yakima rack on it. It may have been me since I wave at pretty much every dub I see.

I have a driveway and plenty of tools but my driveway has a strip of grass running down the middle of it so it may not be ideal for some of the under-car stuff. I'd be willing to help anyway and I do have a jack and jackstands. I also have the Bentley book for the MKV Golf family if you need to use it.

Also, sorry, I'm one of those people who drives like an a--hole. I grew up near Boston so it's kind of my thing. But I at least try to be safe about it and not do dumb things.

Edit: Actually, it probably wasn't me since I'm not on that side of town very often.

Lol. No, it wasn't you pissing me off on the road. They weren't in VW's. I think I'm just pissed because I can't get another ticket because I took deferred adjudication a few months ago. I have been on my best behavior but I want to speed when I hear my exhaust growl. I appreciate the offer to lend your driveway. I might get some of it done this weekend at my in-law's in Houston.

I have a garage we can work in one weekend when it warms up. It's not clean but it's better than nothing. We need to have a gtg soon
I'll be in Houston this weekend so I can't make a gtg this time. I'll let ya'll know if I still have some maintenance left after I get back.

Also, I got a VCDS cable/software (formerly known as Vagcom) so that I could perform the maintenance on my DSG. Let me know if you need any coding/scanning and we can meet one day. I got the HEX-CAN+USB but I did not get the 2X2 adapter for older cars.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Need VCDA (vagcom) help with 2005 touareg with air ride

Anybody willing to help me out?

Moved down here in August.
I used to go to meet ups before our son arrived, and before I sold my rabbit..... :(

Let me know if you have VagCom and can help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That should be compatible.
[email protected]

Email me when a time works to meet up.
I just checked Ross-Tech's website and it looks like you need a Hex-CAN cable. Mine is only good for MKV and up Golf/Jetta/Beetle and Tourans. evilla did mention a couple posts back in this thread that he has a Hex cable so you might PM him.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just checked Ross-Tech's website and it looks like you need a Hex-CAN cable. Mine is only good for MKV and up Golf/Jetta/Beetle and Tourans. evilla did mention a couple posts back in this thread that he has a Hex cable so you might PM him.
Yes, I do have one. I have to go out of town again this weekend but any other day is good. pm me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No longer need hex com cable

:)
Got rid of the Touareg yesterday.
Picked up a 2011 GTI, 6speed

I might have to come meet some of you waco guys one of these days.
Thanks for the support.

Do Volkswagen drivers give each other the "V"
Like the peace sign when they see each other on the road?
I just moved from the Pacific Northwest and that's something we always did up there.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dallas has most aggressive drivers

I have done some things in the parking lot. I'm waiting on better weather to attempt the DSG, Differential, Fuel Filter, and Brake Bleed.

Also, is the driver of black Golf that gave me the thumbs up on here? I was cruising down La Salle when I got it and he sped right by me. Usually people are trying to race me so it's nice to just get a thumbs up.

That reminds me, what's up with the drivers around here? Everybody drives aggressive. I have been purposely cut off twice where the driver accelerated to not let me in. Both times the driver was speeding, driving reckless, and just wanted to cut me off. Then the other day I pulled onto La Salle just as a truck was turning from the opposite side. Instead of slowing, he gassed it. Luckily for me, my car had more balls. He ended up looking pissed that he couldn't catch up. It's just crazy. You would think that people would act more civil because more than likely you are going to run into each other again.
I moved down here in august and we drove from Washington state.
I've been a lot of places and from my experience The Dallas Fort Worth area has the most aggressive drivers.

Waco is bad but manageable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Roads

Houston is worse...

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
They're both pretty bad for driving. At least the roads are better kept than in Arkansas. My suspension took a beating there. I don't see how you can drive a lowered car in a place like that. It would probably be a pain here too I imagine. Anyone lowered here in Waco?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts

Daily driven. Can't force my finger between tire and fender

·
Registered
88 Posts
They're both pretty bad for driving. At least the roads are better kept than in Arkansas. My suspension took a beating there. I don't see how you can drive a lowered car in a place like that. It would probably be a pain here too I imagine. Anyone lowered here in Waco?
Last month I drove to Arkansas and I was relieved when I hit the Arkansas state line because Oklahoma's roads were killing my back. I'm slightly lowered...if not for the roads on my route to work I might go further.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
You know... My raceland coils are kind of bouncy but not too stiff. I don't suffer from back pains so its hard to compare... I imagine a stiffer spring rate would make for a much sharper recoil which would kind of jolt everything... I loved my cup kit on my mk3 it was low enough and rode like a dream.. Nuepeed springs and billstein struts. My gti is bouncy with lots of recoil I guess. The struts drop 6 or so inches when you jack up the car...

·
Registered
88 Posts
You know... My raceland coils are kind of bouncy but not too stiff. I don't suffer from back pains so its hard to compare... I imagine a stiffer spring rate would make for a much sharper recoil which would kind of jolt everything... I loved my cup kit on my mk3 it was low enough and rode like a dream.. Nuepeed springs and billstein struts. My gti is bouncy with lots of recoil I guess. The struts drop 6 or so inches when you jack up the car...

I got cheap starter coils that aren't adjustable rate. They're not too bad when you're rolling down the highway but those washboard roads in OK made it a lot worse. If I park my car in an off-camber spot it looks like one wheel is about to come off the ground. They barely move when I jack it up. But damn does she handle Lakeshore Dr. like a champ :) I'll leave them until they're worn out since they didn't cost me much. Next on the list is R32 brakes.

I'm game for QSL Friday.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You know those people who only post when they need help.....

So.
Here I am again. I've been meaning to get on here more and I even had intentions of coming to a Friday night Quaker state meet up.
But I didn't. And now I'm at home with my brokeswagon 2011 GTI who just threw a 2293 code :banghead:

She's been acting weird (hesitating and idling kinda rough) for a couple days but no code until today.
I had planned to get a new air filter and plugs ordered this weekend.
Ride was very rough driving home from downtown Waco to new place off surrey ridge road.

If anyone wants to come meet a pretty cool guy (me) and chat about how screwed I might be with this code. Hit me up

With all the traveling for work, dr appointments (new baby is only a few months away), moving to a new place I have neglected the VW community. For that I apologize.
In the future I'll try to avoid being "one of those people"

Btw, I have cold beer :)

3821 - 3840 of 3918 Posts