VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

3841 - 3860 of 3918 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
So.
Here I am again. I've been meaning to get on here more and I even had intentions of coming to a Friday night Quaker state meet up.
But I didn't. And now I'm at home with my brokeswagon 2011 GTI who just threw a 2293 code :banghead:

She's been acting weird (hesitating and idling kinda rough) for a couple days but no code until today.
I had planned to get a new air filter and plugs ordered this weekend.
Ride was very rough driving home from downtown Waco to new place off surrey ridge road.

If anyone wants to come meet a pretty cool guy (me) and chat about how screwed I might be with this code. Hit me up

With all the traveling for work, dr appointments (new baby is only a few months away), moving to a new place I have neglected the VW community. For that I apologize.
In the future I'll try to avoid being "one of those people"

Btw, I have cold beer :)
P2293---
Check Measuring Values for Fuel Pressure
Check for bent/squeezed Fuel Lines
Check Fuel Pressure System for Leaks
Check Fuel Filter & Filter in Fuel Pump
Check Fuel Quantity supplied by the Fuel Pump

We try to meet friday nights around 8ish for dinner and then 9ish at cicis on valley mills to shoot the ****.
with the warmer weather among us this will be a weekly event.
i will personally not make this friday. next :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Waiting on you to come give us a real good bye.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,777 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't know this thread existed. I have a 2010 TDI cup that's pretty much stock (Koni FSD/Eibach). I'm hoping and praying that someone around here has a VCDS that would help me out when I change my fuel filter. I should only need to cycle the fuel system for a couple minutes to purge any air.:thumbup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh and my mom has a 2003 Turbo S Beetle that she doesn't drive too often anymore. Wouldn't be too bad if there was a get together or something. I see that there are a few active members around the area.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
You can key on/key off cycle a few times to purge the air or hold the pump relay. Its normally not an issue from my experience to just bump the key a couple times or just crank until it starts. Its no worse then having a bad check valve in the fuel line.

We try to have local gtgs but there is only a few of us. We try to meet Friday nights

·
Registered
28 Posts
From my understanding (which is minimal), that cycling the key thing no longer works as of 2009 or so. If I can get access to the correct tools then I greatly prefer to do things by the book.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
That may be correct. I have a cheap vag com cable but I don't have the paid for software so its basically useless.

I keep seeing a black mk5-6 black gti-rabbit? Sits pretty low with a roof rack on McArthur Dr every so often..

Also now that I think about it, I have seen this white TDI cup edition around town before. Nice car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I didn't know this thread existed. I have a 2010 TDI cup that's pretty much stock (Koni FSD/Eibach). I'm hoping and praying that someone around here has a VCDS that would help me out when I change my fuel filter. I should only need to cycle the fuel system for a couple minutes to purge any air.:thumbup:
I have a micro-CAN cable but I'm not sure if the free software will suffice for what you need to do. Mine's an 08 and a gasser so it's different, but when I did my fuel filter, it didn't lose enough fuel to affect it starting.

3841 - 3860 of 3918 Posts