VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can buy them for saloons but not wagons and you have got no chance in getting the saloon ones to fit a wagon as they mount differently, there longer and they have more of a curve.

Not being put of by this i thought I would have a go at making my own.

First job was to make up a template by cutting out an original B3 orange indicator lense, I used a slitting disc to do this

I then put this lence in my car taking it with me where ever I went and when going in car parks etc offering it up to other cars that had clear indicators to see if they were similar in shape and size. Ended up finding the car I needed in the breakers yard which was a Rover 214/ 218 of about 1992 so easy to find in the uk ( never tried it but Corrado clear indicators look similar

Rover light with the part of the lense I needed removed

To cut the orange lence out of the B3 light unit use you slittling disc going as near to the edge as you can

Once that is done you have to pick the remaining bits from the lights, can be a pain getting it out of the corners

The rover lights where cut using a slitting disc and a hacksaw where needed and then dressed to size and then bonded in using sealer like used in bonding fish tanks

The rover lights do have a slightly different tint but I reckon I can get the B3 inner lights to match, you will notice the I broke one lence by dropping it on the floor so that will need redoing, also done another set for my van. Yes yes the carbon wrap crap has been removed
I also cut the red part of the Rover light out a fitted to one of my lights as the red spray paint you colour the lights with makes them very dark

You could use another set of B3 lights for this by using the red tail light lence and fitting it in place of the orange indecator

Getting Rover lights may be a bit of a problem for you guys but you never know you might find something similar

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
That looks pretty good!!

You should make a couple and try selling them to us folk over here that can't get those Rover parts and/or have no talent for that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts