VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
37,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a "kit" to increase displacement out to atleast 2100cc for my newest project 2.0L. I know Autotech makes the stroker kit, so I guess what I am looking for is any possible alternatives to Autotech's longer throw crank. I've heard rumors that a TDi crank would work, but I want proof.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Re: Wanna be STROKED? Me too... (Metallitubby)

Euro Spec makes a variety of kits for what you are wanting to do with the car ... ie street - to full race

·
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
37,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Wanna be STROKED? Me too... (Impulse333)

Quote, originally posted by Impulse333 »
Euro Spec makes a variety of kits for what you are wanting to do with the car ... ie street - to full race

very well aware of them, I have quite a few EurospecSport parts on my Turbo VR6 now.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts

I have also heard of the TDI cranks going into 2.0L blocks. I have been searching for the same answeres as you. I did have some luck with scirocco.org I think thats what it is. They have a secetion on swaps/ro builds, something to thisextent and I have sceen this info in there, but can't pinpoint where.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Re: Wanna be STROKED? Me too... (MKIII-JP)

Oh a TDI crank will work ... theres a post awhile back on here dealing with 16v pistons in an 8v and that post goes all into bore / stroke ... cranks everything might want to see if it's still around

·
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
37,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Wanna be STROKED? Me too... (Impulse333)

options as of now... Eurospec 95.5 cranker, and gotta find some decent coke cans to be thown on it. 525 is not a bad deal for a long throw crank at all.

·
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
37,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Wanna be STROKED? Me too... (VW97Jetta)

ITB's, no AC, everything un-necessary in/on the car is being removed. Shooting for around 200 wheel. Pretty much, a car for track days only.

·
Registered
871 Posts

Are you going to have 16 or 8 valves? 8v might be pushing it in terms of being able to move air. You might have to make a hybrid ABF. That would be cool. Over bored/stroked/head transplant. I would like to see and hear something of that nature.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Re: Wanna be STROKED? Me too... (VTDUBDUDE)

im eventually wanting to do a 16v head swap on my 2.0 8v block after i do the BBM supercharger kit .. it should help move some air

·
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
37,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Wanna be STROKED? Me too... (VTDUBDUDE)

Well, with the right headwork, and some decent engineering, this car will, and I repeat WILL make atleast 200hp. Tuning is key here, which I've learned from doing my Turbo VR6. Boost is out, and NA is in. This is a full bore project to make one of the highest hp ABA applications around, and nothing less.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts

Then you might want to try destroking....which should add HP but lose a little torque. Run 85mm pistons, which is about the max you can run on an ABA block. Are you planning a solid lifter conversion to run an insanely big cam? What do you have planned for the valvetrain?

·
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
37,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Wanna be STROKED? Me too... (VW97Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by VW97Jetta »
What do you have planned for the valvetrain?

lightweight, high lift, and not such a high revver as previously thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts