VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys....sorta new to the 2.0 area of VW. my sis got a 99 2.0 new beetle..and of course....its ridiculously slow. first off...chip..for sure. seen some dynos and they def unlock a decent amt of power. what else do u think is worth while? im going to look into a cam for it too.....nothing crazy...after all she is a girl...cant handle that rough idle junk

any help is appreciated. peace

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: want to have some fun with my sisters 2.slow New Beetle....input please! (VW97Jetta)

bahh...thats the easy way out.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Re: want to have some fun with my sisters 2.slow New Beetle....input please! (Spec3VR6)

Well....if you want a decent power increase (nothing drastic) while keeping things smooth and reliable....it's really the best way to go.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: (95vwjet)

If the Neuspeed charger is the "easy way out" (you can get a deal on one through this post).. then, you basically just looking at the basics: intake, chip, and exhaust. A cam is nice, but the one previously mentioned will have a bit of a lump in the idle. Better off with either the tt266 or hor270 (same cam), which will maintain a lot of the stock idle characteristics. At least, nothing that serious. Even with either of those cams, you're still looking at swapping out the lifters, springs, and retainers due to the lift produced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts