VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love a1 jetta's, so post all your jett's on here and some realy pimp ones if you got some cool pics. Thanx a bunch!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Re: want to see pics of everyone's GLI's and jetta's (Ventomonkey)

I would post a pic of mine but i dont have any pics of my car on my computer
i think i still need to do some more things to it before i show it off anyway
i can tell you what it looks like though
its a dark grey 4 door GLI
lowered about 1.5"
still riding on stock snowflakes
repainted and shortened stock bumpers
ill post some pics when i get them on my pc
Kyle

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Re: want to see pics of everyone's GLI's and jetta's (Big CADDY)

awesome jetta!!

my multicolor diesel beast is envious of your car's lovely coat.
i have some pics on my computer but i'm not going to show anyone. i can describe it to you, though.
imagine the biggest POS you've ever seen, complete with smoky mess coming out of the tailpipe. primered black hood and driver's door, splitties on the rear, stockers on the front, faded silver paint that almost looks like brushed aluminum (if it wasn't for the flaking and pitted clearcoat in areas above the waistline). blown struts, bad tie rods. but hey, it has recaros and a momo wheel, pedals and shiftknob!

by the end of the month (if i don't get this 'rocco i'm looking at), it will be primered black, slammed with a cupkit, round-eye fenders and crosshairs, riding on polished snowflakes *bling*.... and it'll still be the biggest POS on this site. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by wrecker, 9:07 AM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
715 Posts

My Mars Red GLi:

[Modified by antgti, 4:22 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: want to see pics of everyone's GLI's and jetta's (Diamond Dave)

nice gli, i love the lines on the a1's http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Re: want to see pics of everyone's GLI's and jetta's (16volt)

16Volt You're not surfing on company time are you?
2dr Jetta. Now this is old school

Zender everything, raised strut towers, full Recaro interior. Done by a speed shop here in PDX that has been customizing cars since before the E30 M3's were introduced.

[Modified by Diamond Dave, 1:02 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
4,703 Posts

Hey David that jetta looks great. Man the more I see A1 Jettas the more I want one and this thread isn't going to help me.

[Modified by 83caddy16v, 4:10 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
561 Posts

An very old pic of mine, only one I have also. No longer have the nasty wheels, rides on snowflakes now. Also doen't have a pristine drivers side fender any more http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
And oh yeah, it's a actual factual 2 door...no need for a ghetto mod like filling and welding the rear doors on this one

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Re: want to see pics of everyone's GLI's and jetta's ()

83caddy16v
Here's another Mk1 from back in the 80's.

DP euro's, Fuba, pushed bumpers. Has always been the strongest stock Mk1 GLI I encountered.

[Modified by Diamond Dave, 3:07 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

Gents: these rides are just too sharp. But I don't understand the Ghetto thing. Maybe ghetto means different out here, and pimp usually referred to a red coupe Caddilac w/ white interior. If somebody called my car that, I'd pull the 30.06 out on them.
Dave, that is as clean and nice of a Jetta I have seen since they were new. Probably better than new, with 16 years of better paint technology.
I gotta get that one back that I just traded for a bunch of stuff. Want to talk about cool? I trade a guy for a stack of performance parts, he is going to redo the suspension, motor, tranny, brakes, and exhaust, and sell it back for $1500. We are talking TT, Tokico, Metalmaster, all decent stuff. I just can't beat that, and he is an excellent wrench, so I know it will be good to go. I am amazed at what he will do for "fun"....
LP

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: want to see pics of everyone's GLI's and jetta's (16volt)

I have a two door 83 that I just finished painting two tone.......
91 GTI 16v seats, rolling on Apex 60mm springs & Konis, uhm.....Passat Hammers, Borla 2 inch etc...
Ill post some pics later

Ryan

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.