VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Re: Want to shove your friends heads thru your windshield? (M this 1!)

Anyone else see that guy in the back ground taking a piss on the yellow car?!

Awsome brakes! With that much braking power you are going to have to be carefull you don't get rearended by an SUV...

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Want to shove your friends heads thru your windshield? (Bobcdn)

never noticed him before. yeah, you DO have to watch whose behind you before applying.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Re: Want to shove your friends heads thru your windshield? (M this 1!)

Wow those brakes are sssooooooo good!!!!
Thanks for the spin man
I'm really considering of getting them

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Re: (KrazeeKorrado13)

dam!!!! i thought my 993 brakes were $$$$$$$$
what was the total price one though's...sick!!!!!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Re: (M this 1!)

Now all you need are some tires that can withstand the braking force...brakes are only as good as the tires they are braking:) 4piston, bleh, where are the 8's

Decent setup though(kinda a waste on the street haha), you should check out the ceramic carbon carbide set we are designing for racecars, they are quite amazing.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (GTIVR6RACER4EVER)

got my RA1's right here!!

talk about waste, 8 piston would be a waste!! i put my trust in Alcon and Stasis. the sweep area is monstrous enough.
400, 500, 600hp is a waste on the street too, people do it all the time though. in my opinion, you can NEVER have too much brake for the street.
but i didn't buy them for just the street

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Re: (phatvw)

Quote, originally posted by phatvw »
Nice! Looks like that Porsche broke out in a rash from embarassment

Looks like that porsche has a big front bar...

·
Banned
10,348 Posts
Re: (3wheelinWolf)

On taking a look at those rotors again, I question the design.
Why are some slots shorter than others? Wouldn't the short ones be redundant, since they don't span past the edge of the pad? To be most effective, shouldn't a slot extend past the edge of the pad at all times? Otherwise, the slot isn't actually venting anything at the ciritcal instant in time since its entirely covered by the pad!! Right?
Also, wouldn't all the extra little slots introduce more potential stress points?
Well, I still think they look really pretty and I'm sure they perform very well. Its just odd to me that they'd design such an expensive braking system with a rotor like that.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Re: (phatvw)

Thanks for sharing...I've been wondering if anyone made a nice rear brake upgrade as well. Pricey though. and they don't address the bias issues in their website...that i could find anyway.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts